UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a complex situation. CAS will look at the detail and can well overturn, which I believe they will.

This is balls out now. Proper balls out. It’s a huge (and very clearly corrupt) organisation going up against one almighty football group/organisation.

They have backed themselves to win, or certainly have a settlement where a reduced punishment still means a year ban, that’s why they’ve done 2 years.

City feel they have enough but the critical question for me is what are we challenging now? The process of FFP itself in the CAS or that we have enough evidence to show we actually met their guidelines.

Those are 2 very different arguments, and for me, if the CAS overturn this then a huge can of fucking worms is about to be opened.

I think you're wrong about the 2 years allowing them to deal down. Any CL ban would be devastating to our reputation and financially, and they know that. We cant settle for 1 year.

I think the very anti-city part of UEFA (there are levels to this, some are ambivalent, some dislike us but accept us and some are actively going for us) in this investigatory and adjudication panel has made it 2 years specifically because it takes negotiating down to 0 years off the table.

If we'd been given 1 year everyone would expect it to be dealt down by the UEFA top brass, like it was last time, like they have done before with all big club bans.

We are caught in the middle of a UEFA civil war as well as our own fight vs. Them. There will be some people at UEFA who are sickened by this judgement because it has kicked off the legal battle they've been avoiding for ages and they know the consequences of losing.

UEFA’s reason for the ban doesn’t make sense to me. The main allegation was always disguised owner funding regarding the Etihad deal. If they’re now saying it’s over-inflated sponsorships, then didn’t UEFA sign those off/re-adjust the values anyway at the time?

They just made it up as they went along.This is what happens in a corrupt organisation,with no transparency,or accountability.No different to a Tin Pot dictatorship.

They were out to get us no matter what.

They dont give a fuck if the emails were legally obtained.And would be inadmissible in a real Court of Law.

They dont care in what context they were sent.

Our fate was decided 7 years ago.

They dragged the investigation out purposely to tarnish the brand,try and destroy us.

Here’s the UEFA announcement in full

“UEFA takes note of the decision of the independent Adjudicatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), issued today, which included the following summary of its content and effect to be announced as required by the Procedural Rules governing the CFCB:

“Following a hearing held on 22 January 2020 the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), chaired by José da Cunha Rodrigues, has today notified Manchester City Football Club of the final decision on the case which was referred by the CFCB Chief Investigator.

The Adjudicatory Chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016.

The Adjudicatory Chamber has also found that in breach of the regulations the Club failed to cooperate in the investigation of this case by the CFCB.

The Adjudicatory Chamber has imposed disciplinary measures on Manchester City Football Club directing that it shall be excluded from participation in UEFA club competitions in the next two seasons (ie. the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons) and pay a fine of € 30 million.

The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber is subject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). If Manchester City Football Club exercises that right the full reasoned decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber will not be published prior to publication of the final award by the CAS.”

As noted by the Adjudicatory Chamber, the club has the right to appeal this decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Therefore, UEFA will not be commenting further on this decision at this stage.”

——————-

The most outrageous bit is the last sentence .... don’t make me laugh.

Funny they’ve also expanded the window up to 2016 and called our auditors crooks as well as the Board

There’s only one question - please show us your evidence?

Come on City

He’s confident over on Twitter.

This whole investigation has stopped our legal team from pressing on with their workload and I have to say I think UEFA are very, very brave doing what they have done. I would say they are actually somewhat stupid and this will be highlighted in the not too distant future.

They haven’t a fucking clue what we are holding. Not a scoot.

Massive gamble on their part.

We NEED to fucking win it this year. The refs will be ordered to do their best to help the opposition but we can’t let that stop us. We just have to step it up and outplay everyone we are put up against. Corrupt bastards.
Not happening.
I think the players have known since Spurs at home how this season was going to go. It’s got to them.
And there was never s as chance in hell that we would be let near a CL final.
Just because your paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

They just made it up as they went along.This is what happens in a corrupt organisation,with no transparency,or accountability.No different to a Tin Pot dictatorship.

They were out to get us no matter what.

They dont give a fuck if the emails were legally obtained.And would be inadmissible in a real Court of Law.

They dont care in what context they were sent.

Our fate was decided 7 years ago.

They dragged the investigation out purposely to tarnish the brand,try and destroy us.

And the sad thing is the club are oblivious to it and let it all go the media have had a field day taking the piss the last 10 years we been a soft touch hopefully we finally woken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.