UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a complex situation. CAS will look at the detail and can well overturn, which I believe they will.

This is balls out now. Proper balls out. It’s a huge (and very clearly corrupt) organisation going up against one almighty football group/organisation.

They have backed themselves to win, or certainly have a settlement where a reduced punishment still means a year ban, that’s why they’ve done 2 years.

City feel they have enough but the critical question for me is what are we challenging now? The process of FFP itself in the CAS or that we have enough evidence to show we actually met their guidelines.

Those are 2 very different arguments, and for me, if the CAS overturn this then a huge can of fucking worms is about to be opened.

Well if you believe the chairman we have proof of innocence against the charges, but we'll also be going after the whole uefa process, and worrisome leaks.

Just wondering if it’s possible to cancel the champions league ticket plan I joined. I really don’t wAnt to throw any more money at this corrupt competition.

Can someone please confirm if it is *****TRUE*** or ***FALSE***** that the only right City have to challenging this vindictive,malicious, UEFA ruling is through CAS ?

I have been lead to believe we can take this to the highest courts in the land via Switzerland.

One or two posters on here are alleging we have no right to any further appeal after the CAS appeal and adjudication.That their adjudication will be final and legally binding.

That We/City signed an agreement with UEFA agreeing that this will be our only appeals process.

Surely this is not true,with our owner talking about fighting UEFA all the way.
It might be true. This is the signed document.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/59/04/66/2590466_DOWNLOAD.pdf

A key bit I have put below. “exclusively decided by CAS”.

Unless there’s a loophole, it’s pretty tight. Maybe there’s an argument to enable us to go higher but I wouldn’t know.

Hello mate.
I posted earlier that I understood this to be the case because this agreement between all clubs and UEFA was reported back in August in the press.
CAS may be our only appeal route?
Well in terms of them being able to carry out their punishment in their own competition, maybe but someone replied to me earlier, suggesting the high court can overrule that.

Whatever the case, if they do carry out a ban, there is nothing stopping us seeking damages for the effect this would have on the club. For loss of earnings, reputation, potential sponsorship deals etc to the tune of 100s of millions... If we can prove they were wrong in a real court.

Last edited:
The penalty was decided by the elite clubs from day one.

The penalty is outrageous, but clearly designed for CAS to reduce it to a one season ban.

Even if that does happen it’s still galling given we run virtually a debt free club.

I think you are right on the ban. Aim high and hope they get us kicked out for a season. CAS will be firstly interested in how the decision was arrived at. We have a team of top legal counsel ensuring they get to a position whereby City did no wrong in legal terms. They will challenge the lawfulness of how the information was obtained and thereby its reliability and will find loopholes in the wording of FFP, of which I am sure in legal terms there are many. No one has challenged it legally, but I doubt it will be the most robust regulations in legal terms.

Looking forward to this. Money on a CL win and no ban double?!!

On our day we have got the quality to outplay any team. We need to step up and show that we mean business. Can’t give the opposition a chance
As I said we will have to beat Real Madrid, and VAR, over 2 rounds. And then another quality side and VAR over 2 rounds. And then another. And then the final. The chances of that happening with all the marginals going against us is negligible

Can someone please confirm if it is *****TRUE*** or ***FALSE***** that the only right City have to challenging this vindictive,malicious, UEFA ruling is through CAS ?

I have been lead to believe we can take this to the highest courts in the land via Switzerland.

One or two posters on here are alleging we have no right to any further appeal after the CAS appeal and adjudication.That their adjudication will be final and legally binding.

That We/City signed an agreement with UEFA agreeing that this will be our only appeals process.

Surely this is not true,with our owner talking about fighting UEFA all the way.

From CAS website
An award pronounced by the CAS is final and binding on the parties from the moment it is communicated. It may in particular be enforced in accordance with the New York Convention on the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards, which more than 125 countries have signed.

CAN AN AWARD BE APPEALED
Judicial recourse to the Swiss Federal Tribunal is allowed on a very limited number of grounds, such as lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy.

looks to be the case However when we win the club could sue for damages

Mail reporting that an asterisk should be put beside our achievements as we got them by cheating and should we be stripped of them! Christ almighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.