UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. Murph

Murph

Well if you believe the chairman we have proof of innocence against the charges, but we'll also be going after the whole uefa process, and worrisome leaks.

2. OntarioBlue

OntarioBlue

Just wondering if it’s possible to cancel the champions league ticket plan I joined. I really don’t wAnt to throw any more money at this corrupt competition.

Cornish_Blue likes this.
  3. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

It might be true. This is the signed document.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/59/04/66/2590466_DOWNLOAD.pdf

A key bit I have put below. “exclusively decided by CAS”.

Unless there’s a loophole, it’s pretty tight. Maybe there’s an argument to enable us to go higher but I wouldn’t know.

[​IMG]

4. Metalartin

Metalartin

Well in terms of them being able to carry out their punishment in their own competition, maybe but someone replied to me earlier, suggesting the high court can overrule that.

Whatever the case, if they do carry out a ban, there is nothing stopping us seeking damages for the effect this would have on the club. For loss of earnings, reputation, potential sponsorship deals etc to the tune of 100s of millions... If we can prove they were wrong in a real court.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2020
  5. supercity88

supercity88

I think you are right on the ban. Aim high and hope they get us kicked out for a season. CAS will be firstly interested in how the decision was arrived at. We have a team of top legal counsel ensuring they get to a position whereby City did no wrong in legal terms. They will challenge the lawfulness of how the information was obtained and thereby its reliability and will find loopholes in the wording of FFP, of which I am sure in legal terms there are many. No one has challenged it legally, but I doubt it will be the most robust regulations in legal terms.

Looking forward to this. Money on a CL win and no ban double?!!

Gordyola likes this.
  6. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

As I said we will have to beat Real Madrid, and VAR, over 2 rounds. And then another quality side and VAR over 2 rounds. And then another. And then the final. The chances of that happening with all the marginals going against us is negligible

Rammy Blue likes this.
  7. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    From CAS website
    An award pronounced by the CAS is final and binding on the parties from the moment it is communicated. It may in particular be enforced in accordance with the New York Convention on the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards, which more than 125 countries have signed.

CAN AN AWARD BE APPEALED
    Judicial recourse to the Swiss Federal Tribunal is allowed on a very limited number of grounds, such as lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy.

looks to be the case However when we win the club could sue for damages

8. Goats left knee

Goats left knee

Mail reporting that an asterisk should be put beside our achievements as we got them by cheating and should we be stripped of them! Christ almighty

9. Murph

Murph

Me too, but I wouldn't advise putting money on it.

10. deano ou812

deano ou812

A large banner for the Madrid home game “we all know who the cheats are”..
    “The corrupt organisation”
    UEFA.