UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't really relevant or how FFP works, but one funny thought about City being portrayed as the wild spenders and 'financial dopers' of Europe - by the head of La Liga, etc ... is that with United's transfers and wage bill being higher ... in reality, we aren't even the biggest spenders in our own town.

the squeaky clean Real Madrid wouldn’t say that surely

Just waiting for the PL to bring a case to try and strip us of titles and Cups now.
On what grounds? UEFA'S FFP rules do not apply to the prem league. If a club decides not to enter UEFA competitions, they can spend whatever they like within their own league's rules. Cups is a matter for EFL and FA.

I suspect there was no coincidence in the timing between the release of the CAS conclusions and then Uefa's punishment.

For me, this is all a show, not just for the peanut gallery, but for the actual clubs who have lobbied and pressed for punishment.

I remember the last time a punishment was delivered and we eventually got to hear about the deals and levels of back-channeling which took place

Call it quiet optimism or wishful thinking on my part, but CAS is exactly the public forum which still suits both City and Uefa.

Uefa have aired this from the rooftops, it has served all its purposes.

I don't believe Cerefin has come to our games by chance, nor do I believe Khaldoon has been sat idly on his hands.

Uefa can have this whole thing off their backs, once and for all.

They are all about attracting more money into the game, not taking it out.

At CAS, I will not be surprised to see where all the smoking guns are exposed, which people are implicated, how many procedural failures there have been along the way.

Even City's official response last night did not smack of City's usual MO. Yes, there are exceptional circumstances, but all the same, ours is a regime which does not air its dirty linen in public, we keep our powder dry.

A couple of other points, it's an absolute certainty that the wider media will be further emboldened to use this period to try and book end every bit of agenda and lobby for the Premier League and other clubs to try apply retrospective action of their own.

This is a period in when the club and supporters need to take record of who comes out from under those rocks.

Secondly, in terms of a direct impact to finances. I have been assured we won't feel a ripple. We recently took £390m into the group and this can be distributed across it as we see fit.

Lastly, be wary of The Athletic. They were the ones peddling we would not be punished and yet they have now come full circle, pushing the Premier League to stick the boot in.

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

I am not looking forward to waking up and having to sift through 453 pages haha.

If someone can give a summary when we hit page 1575 or so at around 8am I'd be grateful.

City and UEFA are playing poker.
One of them is holding a pair of two's and we don't know what the other has.
We also don't know which one of them is the one with the pair of two's - could even be both of them.

UEFA have just gone 'all in'

So when do we start proceedings against this?

If it's in court then until the CAS has made a decision then no-one can uphold a ban. We also need to go beyond sports courts and take it to the European high court if need be. Slander, illegal evidence, unfair trial, restriction of trade, there must be a few charges we can fight uefa with on this.
I believe it's CAS first, then final resort is The Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland.

I suspect there was no coincide in the timing between the release of the CAS conclusions and then Uefa's punishment.

For me, this is all a show, not just for the peanut gallery, but for the actual clubs who have lobbied and pressed for punishment.

I remember the last time a punishment was delivered and we eventually got to hear about the deals and levels of back-channeling which took place

Call it quiet optimism or wishful thinking on my part, but CAS is exactly the public forum which still suits both City and Uefa.

Uefa have aired this from the rooftops, it has served all its purposes.

I don't believe Cerefin has come to our games by chance, nor do I believe Khaldoon has been sat idly on his hands.

Uefa can have this whole thing off their backs, once and for all.

They are all about attracting more money into the game, not taking it out.

At CAS, I will not be surprised to see where all the smoking guns are exposed, which people are implicated, how many procedural failures there have been along the way.

Even City's official response last night did not smack of City's usual MO. Yes, there are exceptional circumstances, but all the same, ours is a regime which does not air its dirty linen in public, we keep our powder dry.

A couple of other points, it's an absolute certainty that the wider media will be further emboldened to use this period to try and book end every bit of agenda and lobby for the Premier League and other clubs to try apply retrospective action of their own.

This is a period in when the club and supporters need to take record of who comes out from under those rocks.

Secondly, in terms of a direct impact to finances. I have been assured we won't feel a ripple. We recently took £390m into the group and this can be distributed across it as we see fit.

Lastly, be wary of The Athletic. They were the ones peddling we would not be punished and yet they have now come full circle, pushing the Premier League to stick the boot in.

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

CAS conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.