UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN presenting both sides of the story in their report this morning - fair and balanced - but they are based in Abu Dhabi. Anyway it's our station of choice for a while now ;)
Just out of interest but what made you think CNN are AD based in the first place?

CAS will consider urgent cases However the club may take it up to the time limit to appeal this would fuck UEFA up, as soon as we go to. CAS the ban is suspended then the case is likely to overlap the start of ECL so we would have to be included next season So even if we loose at case the ban would be delay past next season
I guess it depends on what City's strategy is and to a large extent it seems like how long the whole process takes is within their control. Do they drag it out for a couple of years, or try and get it done and dusted by the summer?

I suspect there was no coincidence in the timing between the release of the CAS conclusions and then Uefa's punishment.

For me, this is all a show, not just for the peanut gallery, but for the actual clubs who have lobbied and pressed for punishment.

I remember the last time a punishment was delivered and we eventually got to hear about the deals and levels of back-channeling which took place

Call it quiet optimism or wishful thinking on my part, but CAS is exactly the public forum which still suits both City and Uefa.

Uefa have aired this from the rooftops, it has served all its purposes.

I don't believe Cerefin has come to our games by chance, nor do I believe Khaldoon has been sat idly on his hands.

Uefa can have this whole thing off their backs, once and for all.

They are all about attracting more money into the game, not taking it out.

At CAS, I will not be surprised to see where all the smoking guns are exposed, which people are implicated, how many procedural failures there have been along the way.

Even City's official response last night did not smack of City's usual MO. Yes, there are exceptional circumstances, but all the same, ours is a regime which does not air its dirty linen in public, we keep our powder dry.

A couple of other points, it's an absolute certainty that the wider media will be further emboldened to use this period to try and book end every bit of agenda and lobby for the Premier League and other clubs to try apply retrospective action of their own.

This is a period in when the club and supporters need to take record of who comes out from under those rocks.

Secondly, in terms of a direct impact to finances. I have been assured we won't feel a ripple. We recently took £390m into the group and this can be distributed across it as we see fit.

Lastly, be wary of The Athletic. They were the ones peddling we would not be punished and yet they have now come full circle, pushing the Premier League to stick the boot in.

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

I like you tolmie, talking sense and calming the masses, how about we close the thread and you pop up every couple of weeks to give us an update. ;-)

I just hope the club now abandons it’s softly approach with journalists and the media. We have been shafted on and off the pitch for years and the soft, non defending itself approach has clearly not worked. Time to get dirty, start bans etc

These same journalists are patting each other on the backs for getting us the ban.

Fuck them off and let them write their shite but we should play no part in communicating with them from now on.

Think if we win any appeal we would still get shafted by the match officials on the pitch so we don't get far.
That will probably be same for this season they wouldn't want us wining the trophy.

Spurs game shown how VAR can be used for and against teams.

In my mind’s eye, we win the thing and refuse to collect the trophy and players and fans celebrate together. Or David collects the trophy, turns it upside down and plants it on the head of UEFA’s chief arsehole.

they will never allow us to win the trophy, this year, or any year.

I have noticed the athletic turn into a more and more scouse love affair after their initial push. Their mask is very quickly slipping.
Thankfully The Athletic allows you to filter the exact articles you want to read.
I signed up for this exact reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.