UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so frustrating that we are being called cheats when ultimately what we are being accused of is creative accounting. We've paid other teams for transfers, paid our players, fulfilled fixtures, not used PED's or bribed/bullied officials. We've done nothing to "cheat" on the football pitch and even at times have deliberately played with Bravo in nets to give other teams a chance YET it is suggested that we should have titles taken off us or caveats being added to the record books. Take the titles off us and add your asterix it doesn't change what I've seen and experienced. It won't stop me boring my eventual grandkids with tales of Aguero, Silva, Zabba. It won't really give any SANE United fan any satisfaction if they are awarded the 2012 league title although I wouldn't put a 10 year anniversary bus parade past them

That's just press propaganda
The press, sky, bt, uefa, unfortunately all looking for the same thing - glory for the favoured teams, whilst keeping upstarts like us in what they see as our rightful place, the gutter. If you think the PL won’t come after us you are optimistic verging on the naïve

So what do we think in terms of time frame here? CAS will likes take at least 12 months. So the ban can’t be implemented until the hearing is complete. I suspect that the earliest it can start is the 2022 season by which point we will be in an actual court challenging FFP and UEFA themselves.

I get the feeling this could drag on a good couple years and somewhere along that line UEFA will buckle as we move into the real detail of this.

I don’t see us serving a ban, or paying any fine.

It’s going to be a long process but one I believe we will ultimately win.

UEFA are going to be a very different organisation when all is said and done.

He is a good journalist but biased and yesterday he let his guard down. His tweet that the BBC and the CEO of a major football club were in cahoots is exactly what City have been claiming has been going on for years. Thanks Simon.
A good journalist, good grief! he’s stealing a living from the license payers and is biased as well

Its almost impossible to make sense of this scenario. An element within UEFA were desperate to stop us in our tracks and if you read the ramblings of someone like Tabas -his hatred and loathing for our club and our owners is clearly clouding his judgement. However, everyone at UEFA can't be that stupid.... Can they? There's clearly factions within UEFA …. The likes of Gill who just want us banned full stop but clearly this hard line wasn't universal hence the olive branch of a deal. It hard to be objective sometimes when you are under attack, but City rejecting another "pinch" suggests we have some confidence in our case and suggests we know how determined the likes of Gill are to destroy us. I'm thinking for all the allegations of softness and weakness the full weight of the UAE is going to be unleashed to destroy those that are behind this. We need to stick together, we need to be patient and this will create issues for the club, but our strategy thus far of being nice and trying to fit in has got us nowhere. We need to get the gloves off, fight our enemies, let our financial advantage benefit us and be resolute. We are going to need to destroy UEFA and expose and take down some of the elite clubs.... yesterday was a unique day in football and hopefully for many it will be marked as the beginning of the end. I'm sure as reported City have been gathering data on our rivals and with Liverpool, United, Juve, Barca and Real Madrid you wouldn't have to dig far to find all manner of corruption. Hang in there blues... Stick with the team, lets bond around this and see it through.
Its a good post but it does feel like we are surrounded on all sides by powerful enemies. Uefa, PL, FA, Pogmol, Media, Public Opinion. We will do well to win this despite our financial clout. Time his Royal Highness started to leverage some favours.

They do what they want. They change their own rules.

I am not worried about this for the moment because CAS suspends everything, or I believe it does. I maybe wrong.

Let them do their worst. They will just activate and build Man City. They are too greedy and stupid. Sheikh Mansour was managing City at arms length defeated in the transfer market window after window. They'll just force the man back to the frontline.
They can’t invent rules though Agree about rest

Never a truer word spoken about Simon Stone.
I've always thought Stone was a very good journalist. But that doesn't mean I like him or agree with his reports. SOme of our enemies are capable you know.

Look we're going to the CAS now. UEFA hawks won for now. Making our enemies out to be morons when we're the ones facing a 2 year ban is a little silly. The implication is that our board have been outdone by simpletons and that isn't the case at all.

There is a difference between recognising the strength of your opponent and siding with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.