UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of half n half scarfs - merchadise with this on would make a fortune.
It is sold by an Polish anti-UEFA clothing company called PGWear

https://en.pgwear.net/

https://en.pgwear.net/t-shirts/2001-football-jersey-uefa-mafia-navy.html

football-jersey-uefa-mafia-navy.jpg

UEFA have come down on lots of Ultras over the years for pyro displays and are hated by a lot of fans across the continent. Hence the UEFA MAFIA - NO RESPECT slogan

The UEFA-MAFIA logo designed by FRFC1908 and the cult motto PGWEAR NO RESPECT make this product unique. Show that you are against stadium bans, games on Monday, high ticket prices, penalties for firing up pyrotechnics and closed guest sectors. UEFA-MAFIA" Jersey was made of the highest quality breathable material, which will ensure proper air circulation during physical activity.

As I understand it, from what I read somewhere, recourse to the Swiss court can only be made on the basis of technical/procedural flaws during the CAS case, not the substance of the case itself. I'm open to correction but if this is right, then anyone holding out hoped for a further appeal except on procedural irregularities can forget it
There seems to be unsurprisingly a lot of speculation on here about CAS and Swiss courts. For those interested (and please don't let this get in the way of a good rant) the CAS website has a handy FAQ section:
https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-information/frequently-asked-questions.html#c198
For those insufficiently arsed to read through this, the following two extracts might be useful in the context of some previous posts:
How long does CAS arbitration last ?
The ordinary procedure lasts between 6 and 12 months.
For the appeals procedure, [City's case as I understand it] an award must be pronounced within three months after the transfer of the file to the Panel.
In urgent cases and upon request, the CAS may, within a very short time, order interim measures or suspend the execution of a decision appealed against.

Is it possible to appeal against a CAS award ?
Judicial recourse to the Swiss Federal Tribunal [Switzerland's Supreme Court I believe] is allowed on a very limited number of grounds, such as lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy.
As I understand it the CAS judgement cannot be appealed in the Swiss federal tribunal.
However it has been suggested that City could challenge the legality of FFP under 'incompatibility with public policy' at the Swiss federal tribunal.

Is he being serious when he says Le Terme is not biased. What about the deal he struck with PSG? How the hell can Conn write that article when he has not seen any of the evidence? He has not seen what UEFA have produced and has not seen our defence. The only thing we all know is that damaging leaks came to the media from the UEFA inquiry and Le Terme has not even bothered to investigate that. That's why he was criticised in the CAS documents.
One of the main reasons the City FFP saga has had so much coverage is it has become a nice little earner for the army of freelances who will compromise their principles at the first sign of a dollar. I have lost all respect for Conn.

I wouldn’t mind but at the time Der Spiegel published their articles, Conn stated that it wasn’t a big deal and there wasn’t much of any note in them so what’s changed? Have UEFA gotten Conn onboard because reading his stuff over the past 24 hours, you’d think he was on their fucking payroll. Yet, funnily enough, when all that shit was going down at his beloved FC United the other year with allegations of corruption and whatnot, the fucker has never written a single article about it. I wonder why that is. Seems to me that Conn is a fucking wrong ‘un accepting backhanders from all over the place.

After 24 hours I’m actually quite looking forward to it all, City fans have now all got the fuckems over Europe and the corrupt competition, blues were calling for the stopping of booing, so was Pep, now see what happens, if it wasn’t us against them now, if certain fans didn’t think there was an agenda, there certainly is now. I say bring it on, there’s life outside the champions league, what do you think all the other clubs do the rest of the time? Do you suddenly think everyone will leave next season and united and others will miraculously become good? No champions league and unfettered run at the domestic treble with one of the best squads in the world, a siege mentality at the Ethiad, we are City TIL we die, there was life before the champions league there’s certainly life after it.
Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.