UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. abu13

abu13

Ive been to Hastings, Ive been to Brighton,
    I think you missed the step out that actually changed everything.

Ceferin offers a deal - We tell him to get fucked and we would rather see him in court.

KS55 likes this.
  2. EricBrooksGhost

EricBrooksGhost

Well this thread has outed a few sleepers; as for the matter at hand it just adds to the rollercoaster.
    Oh and UEFA is the definition of a venal organisation.

3. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

I can’t stand this cock. How anyone who claims he was a city fan can write about us in the way he does is beyond me.

4. Murph

Murph

There have been reports from PB among others that Ceferin asked us to take a slap on the wrist (a fine} which we refused. There's a reason Ceferin turned up for our last 2 CL group games.

5. LucahArchie10

LucahArchie10

Cheers..

As a Swiss arbitration organization, decisions of the CAS can be appealed to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland.[9] Appeals of arbitration decisions are generally not successful,[10] and no evaluation of the merits is taking place and the evaluation is mainly based on whether procedural requirements have been met, and whether the award is incompatible with public policy. As of March 2012 there have been seven successful appeals. Six of the upheld appeals were procedural in nature, and only once has the Federal Supreme Court overruled a CAS decision on the merits of the case. This was in the case of Matuzalém, a Brazilian football player.[11]

The Federal Court of Justice of Germany ruled against the German speed-skater Claudia Pechstein, recognising a lack of jurisdiction to revisit her case. The Federal Court ruled that CAS met the requirements of a court of arbitration according to German law and that CAS's independence from the parties was secured by the method of selecting arbitrators and the possibility to appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal.[12][13]

6. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Seems there is a battle going on in UEFA with different fractions fighting for supremacy we are being used by one side, the established clubs and maybe PSG Seems there has been pressure applied on the CFCB to ban us

7. The First Earl

The First Earl

Ha ha. Thought about that myself to be honest. At least you've made me laugh for the first time in 24 hrs.

8. cheekybids

cheekybids

yeah right, these guardian writers seem to very Gung ho with their fight against establishment.

Always there to defend the under dogs like tabloid press against vulnerable young ladies & under dog American owned football clubs & their cartels v dirty Muslims & their oil.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2020
    skivitheblue9320 likes this.
  9. abu13

abu13

Ive been to Hastings, Ive been to Brighton,
    With respect to the above, does anyone think it is a coincidence that CAS stated that the issues we raised regarding leaks from Uefa were worrysome and within 48 hours the decision is announced. As others have stated I think this is UEFA's final throw of the dice, ban and fine us to maximise this bad publicity for us safe in the knowledge that it will get overturned due to due process and they will claim they only lost out on a technicality. In everyones eyes we are still guilty and they have limited egg on their faces, we carry the stigma for years to come.

The question is would we be happy with this outcome, I very much doubt it.

Kokonut1307 likes this.
  10. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    What’s that got to do with what you originally said Lots of appellants have won their case at CAS PSG and Galatasaray to name 2