UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect to the above, does anyone think it is a coincidence that CAS stated that the issues we raised regarding leaks from Uefa were worrysome and within 48 hours the decision is announced. As others have stated I think this is UEFA's final throw of the dice, ban and fine us to maximise this bad publicity for us safe in the knowledge that it will get overturned due to due process and they will claim they only lost out on a technicality. In everyones eyes we are still guilty and they have limited egg on their faces, we carry the stigma for years to come.

The question is would we be happy with this outcome, I very much doubt it.
UEFA has to wait until CAS rules in the case brought by City

It doesn't matter what happens now the damage is already done.
Looking around social media and the internet the stigma that has already gone with this will never go away.
City's reputation has been destroyed by the media.
Neutrals don't read beyond the headlines and we'll be accused of worse if we go on to win the case.

Our reputation has been trashed on social media and in the press for nearly a decade, doubt uafa finally accusing us of what it has been saying about us makes it any worse than it is in terms of peoples opinion.

And if you trawl through twitter it is mainly sad fucks with eith LFC MUFC or THFC or AFC on their profiles.

Same ****s that are always at it.

If sponsors suddenly pulled out then it would be damaging, not what twitter and facebook think

Last edited:
Stop constantly rimming him marv,he is a crap biased prick,haven't you listened to a single presser in the last 4 yrs

Bang on. He’s like a teenage fanzine seller. He sits in press conferences shouting out like a childish thug. He’s not a journalist he’s a prick with a big ego.... following his team at BBC license payers expense - no better reason to cut the BBC loose if they waste money paying that fool.

But CAS will include someone agreed by ourselves someone agreed by CAS and a liar from UEFA?

I have no idea I just don't have any confidence we will win this. There are too many big hitters against us and they have been relentless in trying to destroy us. Since it all started, from the first fine, the club has expressed confidence we have nothing to fear. The in the know people, the legal eagles with a fair bit of knowledge have said the same, but we got fined anyway. Cries of them moving the goalposts etcetera may have been correct but they still fined us and got away with it. Now this. Even if we are in the right, do you think we still won't get banned?

It doesn't matter what happens now the damage is already done.
Looking around social media and the internet the stigma that has already gone with this will never go away.
City's reputation has been destroyed by the media.
Neutrals don't read beyond the headlines and we'll be accused of worse if we go on to win the case.

Nonsense, if City take these twats on and fuck them right up there will be plenty of non City fans celebrating. City will be in effect representing the interests of every non elite club in Europe.

CAS is only the first step. Re-read the city statement again. Very clear that we're prepared to challenge UEFA, and indeed FFP and the damages, legally in court outside of a sporting environment. Do UEFA think FFP wills hold up in court? I think we're going to find out soon enough.

Even if we win at CAS, I don't think that is the end of it. How can we in the future play by the rules of an organisation that has sought us out for special retribution? We need to hurt them.

Interesting to read the rumours that Ceferin wanted us to accept the pinch again to avoid a ban. Likely he knew we were serious in our statements to fight it and wanted to avoid UEFA's name being dragged through the mud, but if there is any chance at all that it was fuelled by fear their process and decision, and indeed the evidence itself, was lacking, then I hope we were sensible enough to document all contact.

This will be fought. It will get messy. I still fail to see on what basis UEFA think they have more evidence to take further action.

Must be a discussion ongoing now at city as to whether we can provide the full emails purported to have been hacked, for CAS. If they clearly were misinterpreted, as our original statement suggested, then could be a relatively quick and embarrassing decision at CAS, for UEFA. Because not once have UEFA seemingly asked us for those emails in full. The released hack, handled via an unnamed and unknowingly motivated source, was seemingly enough at face value. We could rightly deny any knowledge of he emails, counter that possibly UEFA themselves concocted them.

As far as I know, there is no evidence we sent those emails, even if they have the right names of the employees. They could have been doctored, completely falseified, did UEFA check? Nope. Strange, that. Almost as if the evidence was not actually something they wanted to dwell on.

Honestly, if CAS is truly impartial, then this ban just can't be enforced. It's based off an excerpt of an unverified source, shoved into the right sized shape to fit Leterme's pre-existing will to see Manchester City punished by UEFA.

There have been reports from PB among others that Ceferin asked us to take a slap on the wrist (a fine} which we refused. There's a reason Ceferin turned up for our last 2 CL group games.

I really hope we have evidence of this so called slap on the wrist, if true Uefa are in for a tough time explaining how a slap on the wrist fine suddenly becomes a two year ban and £25 miliion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.