UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. kippaxwarrior

kippaxwarrior

It's not where your from, it's where your at
    If you that's the case why didnt the club take the lower punishment they were offered a couple of months ago?

The club seem extremely confident they have enough evidence for this ruling to be overturned

2. tonea2003

tonea2003

sid until we know otherwise

The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

3. Mancity1980

Mancity1980

Based on your perception are you confident this ruling will be overturned?

4. cityzen81

cityzen81

Isn’t there something in Swiss Law where they accept (call it what you will) hacked/stolen/illegally obtained material as long as the information is true?

Also seem to recall CAS accepting some similar material in a previous case?

obviously it would have to be proven what is contained in the alleged emails is true, which hopefully will prove impossible for UEFA

5. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

He may have just been setting us up. Imagine the news leaks of us accepting another pinch and then UEFA changing their minds and still banning us.

6. city saint

city saint

I didn't know city had 171 players on our books ))

7. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

A bit of adversity in the media never done the Sex Pistols any harm.

8. Blue abroad

Blue abroad

In this scenario you are describing money laundering. In essence we are using a bank transfer to a sponsor from us to falsely conceal the source of funds for a sponsorship deal. If that’s our defense we are truly buggered.

Nobody on here has a clue what our defense is. What is clear is that we are supremely confident of having this quashed. Our statement in response to the ban has basically accused UEFA of being totally corrupt. No legal team would dream of advising us putting this in writing unless they are 101% certain UEFA are wrong. An interesting time is ahead.

doots likes this.
  9. kippaxwarrior

kippaxwarrior

It's not where your from, it's where your at
    I'll admit I'm no expert in this matter however after reading lots of different articles and people's views(not just on here) it seems Uefa are basing this ban on hacked emails.

In the emails there is talk of ways round FFP. Now the question is did the club actually go ahead with those plans or did they not?. If it did and Uefa have evidence then we're bang to rights and should be punished as we broke the rules.

The club are saying that they have irrefutable evidence that they didn't break the rules and they were unwilling to take a lower punishment as that would imply guilt.

It looks like City are willing to take this all the way to a high court if CAS don't overturn the decision. I'll always back the club I've loved and supported for the last 43 years to make the right decision. If they're confident then so am i

Uefa have just poked a bear and the bear isn't happy and if it goes to a high court then who knows what stuff will be said about Uefa as you can bet the club have been gathering information about them

10. paulchapo

paulchapo

The Ceferin rumour is very interesting. If the club have any proof of that offer surely it would strengthen their case? UEFA offer a slap on the wrist to save face with the cartel and media but we refuse as we believe we are innocent. UEFA then throw their toys out of the pram and hit us with the ban and fine. So even if we go to CAS and fail, surely the original slap on the wrist should be the punishment as that is what was originally agreed was fair.