UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have asked for a link from the guy who posted it. Here is what was posted.

REVEALED: Manchester City's Premier League title in 2014 is now UNDER THREAT with potential backdated points deduction - and Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne and Aymeric Laporte could be sold

I haven't seen anything relating to it, so I think it may indeed be people taking the piss.

There is going to be all kinds of made up bloody rubbish going to be floating about. Anyone who scours the media more so now will drive themselves mad. Why bother when 99.9% of it will be made up bollocks.

Lets try being realistic however. Should this ban go ahead, and I think it will be set aside as I cannot see this all being dealt with legally in the time frame that would be required to establish beyond doubt that City wont get the lot over turned thus leaving UEFA liable for some astonishing amounts of damages. Should it be implemented at any point then players would leave.

The players with a couple of notable exceptions are not lifelong City fans they are Pro footballers who have a relatively short career. They do not have that many shots at the CL and many will not like the prospect of having those chances reduced by 2 at least. Certainly hard to take given they the players are in no way culpable for what has caused the ban. So yes its quite likely the DeBruynes Sterlings even Agueros will certainly think hard about what their best move would be.

I personally think that this had to come to a head and on that basis am quite pleased that the showdown would now seem to be imminent. If we win it will cause an earthquake in European football and signal the end of the cartel and the feeding of the self entitled self proclaimed elite clubs. They are afraid right now. If we lose then the consequences to us could be considerable. I think those talking about a return to York might be being a little over dramatic but the trophy count may dwindle for a time.

Right - here is my opinion.

Firstly - if Man City have messed up (and deceived us fans by lying about it) we should just accept the 2 year ban and move on.

However, if that is not the case we should be actively engaging the support of the other big English (and Scottish clubs) to really f**k up UEFA. It is sad to see the likes of Sheff Utd. and Man Utd. getting excited about the possibility of getting into the Champions League by finishing 5th for f**ks sake. All the British clubs should act together: what would happen to the EL and the Champions League if in solidarity with MCFC all the other British clubs withdrew from those tournements? They would be totally bollox*d up, that's what.

They won’t though as any of the 4 teams that get to play in the champions league get a shit ton of money from it. It pegs us back and gives the other teams an opportunity to claw back our current level of play and them to raise theirs with the money they get. Why would another team jeopardise that, it’s win and win at any cost be it creative Etihad deals or hacking our scouting system.

I'm no expert but wouldn't that be like they are punishing us for not checking where the sponsors money originated prior to said companies paying us?

Surely we can just put up our Batfink style wing protectors and allow the array of bullets to ping off us in a general direction of say Liverpool and Standard Charter and see if they can offer up any explanation as why they didn't check where their sponsorship monies originated?
Or perhaps Uniteds GM sponsorship which was helped by US Gov cash when GM was financially stretched.

Newman Noggs. Great post, I'd start with getting that message to Everton and start the ball rolling.

Ever so slightly going off topic here,not looking to change the subject, a yes or no will do for me but as it stands are Aston Villa in the Europa league next season regardless of the league cup final result as a result of our ban?

surely grossly unfair on them to wait the 4+ months on that decision if so!

No, unless they win it. If we win it the league will get an extra space, as it does in the FA Cup. So in theory Europa League could go down to 8th if the winner of FA cup has already qualified (or its us).

I hope those Blues that express concern that our past achievements are now tainted in the eyes of other fans can stop being worried about that.

Footy is tribal. If this was United we would think UEFA are wrong but we are loving it and will take the piss every chance we get. That’s all other fans are doing to us. It’s normal.

If you are trying to persuade them otherwise you are wasting your time. Those that know don’t care and those that don’t won’t understand.

Ignore it or, even better embrace it. We bought the league and will do it again.....of course that’s nonsense but it’s the last thing opposition fans want to hear.

It’s unfair but just stop caring and let City deal with it and they will. You can’t change other fans minds they will think what they want to. Get used to it because when this is all sorted it won’t stop. All about money and appealing to the masses.

Try to enjoy the unfairness and stupidity it’s the only way.
It’s time for us blues to unleash our self depreciating humour.
Nobody takes the piss out of City better than ourselves.
That will boil a lot of people’s piss!!

Fairly sure he’s saying “and some of the dickheads actually think we’ll get relegated and stripped of our titles!”. In Portuguese, obviously.
E alguns dos idiotas pensam que vamos ser relegados e despojados dos nossos títulos.
Spot on

We all have our opinions about this player, that player, this decision, that decision, but this situation is different. We need to come together as a club, put an end to the negativity, create a seige mentality, and concentrate on creating an atmosphere at games that shows the players and manager we’re right behind them. The League’s gone, fair enough, but let’s go to Madrid and wipe the fucking floor with them, let’s go all out to win the Champs League, so their competition suffers the maximum negative impact from not having the defending champions there next year. Fuck them, we’ll come through this and we can use this as motivation to make us even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.