UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

I was thinking along these lines when I read your post. The story we hear is that there may be nothing wrong with City's accounts but that Etihad airways were boosted by Sheikh Mansour's personal money. This is an insult to the sheikh in person and is not provable, and others try to tar him with human rights issues. For everyone's information, about 25% of the world's population is Muslim and have an understanding of Sharia law, and accept it. Abu Dhabi is one of those countries that use it and as long as it's population or visitors accept it, they will be fine. To spout off about human rights abuses is RACIST and this is what this issue is really about.

Kenward Garg and Gordyola like this.
  2. jimharri

jimharri

3. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

Do you expect this to happen? Our rivals in the top 6 are delighted about this and their thick fans are rejoicing as it’s getting one over us.

Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc. have probably been asking us to be banned for years.

4. spiny

spiny

You cannot undo what has been said but City need to clear their name and pursue those who have wrongly defamed our reputation. Assuming City win and seek damages, the amount will be restricted by an ability to pay. We can only speculate on who is involved and the sanctions sought?

However the real prize should be a total restructuring of UEFA or the creation of a new body. The latter would almost certainly have the support of FIFA.

Kenward Garg and Gordyola like this.
  5. nixmith2

nixmith2

No, I don't expect it to happen, I am just saying it should (in the post-Brexit landscape). I just hope City don't try to take it to the European Court of Justice - we can't on the one hand remove ourselves from Europe (via the 2016 referendum and the 2019 General Election) but then go crawling back to their legal system when our footy team needs it.

6. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

City aren’t the UK, they’re an international business. Even more so considering the Group.

SidJames and Wizpopblue like this.
  7. George Hannah

George Hannah

We can clear our name with success on the pitch but that is exactly what they are trying to stop.

spiny likes this.
  8. swinton blue

swinton blue

I know UEFA have come out and banned us for 2 years but has anyone seen a full explanation about what they have found.
    Surely they have to explain there decision

9. Rolee

Rolee

They've said they won't release details until appeal is finished.

10. George Hannah

George Hannah

They need CAS to uphold the ban otherwise it will be their death rattle.