UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. mayo31

mayo31

Here is what they have said in part:

"The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber is subject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). If Manchester City Football Club exercises that right the full reasoned decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber will not be published prior to publication of the final award by the CAS.

2. swinton blue

swinton blue

Do city know the full details or is that part of uefa plan for us to go in blind ?

3. west didsblue

west didsblue

Let’s win the fucking thing then lob the trophy under the bus Real Madrid Copa del Rey style.

BlueMoonz1977 likes this.
  4. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Just read on PrestwichBlue twitter feed :

"City, by complete coincidence, are about to announce the Abu Dhabi CFG World Cup. Each of tbe 8 CFG clubs gets £100m for taking part, with £500m to the winner."

If this is true we should make it invitational only...

SidJames and tommybooth like this.
  5. Rolee

Rolee

Haven't a clue, I'd guess that full disclosure from both sides is required before going to CAS but could be wrong.

6. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

he was ribbing people

Sky Blue, razman and BlueMoonz1977 like this.
  7. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Doh (picture of homer simpson inserted)

8. nixmith2

nixmith2

City are Manchester, my home town - I don't care about the 'Group' - the 'international' aspect (I'm just grateful some rich foreign guys decided to invest in us) - but I always have been of the opinion that they did so because a) there was a great stadium in place - thanks to the Commonwealth games and b) their research before they made the decision indicated we are the best set of fans in world football (not least because of the fact we have had years of hardship, which we handled with good grace) prior to 2008.

So this 2 year ban is just a blip for me - send us back to Division 2 - I don't care. We have been there before and in some ways it was better when each game we played I didn't know what the result would probably be beforehand, whereas now, apart from when we play a handful of other top teams, it is just the margin of victory that is in doubt.

P.S. It would also be nice to play football on Saturday afternoon at 3pm, week in week out, as it should be.

Kenward Garg likes this.
  9. mcs

mcs

Do tell how we are meant to challenge UEFA in the British court system? If we don't like something UEFA is doing and we want to challenge it, they are based in the EU and the EU courts are the ones that will have the say. Your comment is nonsensical.

10. Norbiton

Norbiton

No - the losing finalists in the league cup don 't qualify for the Europa League even if the winners don't enter the competition (either because they've qualified for the Champions League or been banned).