UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. gh_mcfc

gh_mcfc

Every city employee should be doing a subject access request under gdpr to uefa. They will be legally bound to disclose any personal data ( definition on information commission website) and what they have done it and who they have shared it with . No court required for this irs the law. Huge potential fines

2. City_Sean

City_Sean

Yeah my bad. Should have fact checked!

Manchester_lalala likes this.
  3. cjn

cjn

What's wrong with what I said? Even if we haven't broken any actual rules (which I would probably bet on), we were pretty clearly looking to exploit any possible loophole or grey area. And the whole Etihad cashflow situation obviously wasn't contemplated as being okay when they drew them up. That's why I said spirit of the rules.

4. BJL_City

BJL_City

I sincerely doubt we would provide evidence to UEFA that would kneecap us, so realistically they're either misrepresenting what they've been given, misinterpreting it or have been the beneficiaries of additional hacked material that they haven't yet revealed publicly.

M18CTID likes this.
  5. Ric

Ric

Easy mistake to make when we have the BBC peddling that particular untruth!

BluechesterCity likes this.
  6. Zenmanc

Zenmanc

Lot of City blue tinted shades here. We're not innocent, we've known that for years. Its funny how supposed adults can be so biased just because they "bleed for their club". I agree the penalty itself is harsh and think we should fight to have it reduced but we deserve to pay some form of penalty.
    I keep seeing the sentiment "other clubs do it all the time." If that makes skirting and breaking rules okay I sure as hell hope you aren't raising children or have a job that overlaps with my interests.
    That it's us... of course they are twisting the knife and piling on but we fucked up and we should be held accountable.
    That this is all some elaborate anti-City conspiracy is rubbish and makes me realize how much sport- as much as it can unite- does just as much to polarize.

7. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

I never knew this but I like it if true.

8. waspish

waspish

So because of the spirit of the game they fine us 30m and 2 year ban?! But a racist club gets fined a pittance or still stay in the competition?!

karen7 likes this.
  9. karen7

karen7

What do you sugest we do? roll over so they can keep coming back or stand up and finish it? In 2014 we couldn't see this coming,we took a punishment expecting that to be the end of it,this is spiteful shite lead by our domestic rivals and the protected cartel,it will never end if we dont do this

10. John Wayne

John Wayne

Which would be inadmissible as City have a right to see all evidence against the club in any disciplinary hearing.