UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post on rag central amidst a sea of ignorant shite.

GazTheLegend
Jul 22, 2014
It's actually a ridiculous decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36706262

If UEFA were so against all this state ownership stuff, why did they allow Silvio Berlusconi to own AC Milan, or allow the principality of Monaco to run a tax haven for players, and that sort of thing?

Like - it's NOW they choose to step in? Nobody will ever convince me that all of this isn't because the City fans boo the UEFA anthem, which I can 100% get behind. feck FIFA, feck UEFA, hypricitical shits and rotten from the core upwards and always have been. Never sat well with me that they literally admitted they fixed draws and nobody ever denied it and they just laughed at it happening in the 2000's. Ferguson called it and he was right.

Now I realise it sounds sort of weird as a Manchester United fan and Manc, but I actually quite like the Stockport bluenoses despite everything else, their fans are alright. Thing is, until they stop targeting City and instead try to actually be fair and punish PSG as well as all the rest of them (Juventus are 100% about some dodginess, they're running at some stupid 80% of gross revenue level right now, there's something behind that), then it looks like victimisation to me.

If I were City I would ensure the CAS hearing rules next season, and not this season.
If it rules this season the there's a good chance 5th is opened for Man Utd.
You've obviously made the assumption there Marv that CAS rule against us.
That being the case it might be better to get it done and out of the way. If say the ban was reduced to one year then it would be over at the ed of next season.

I’m not totally clued up on all the in depth rules and regulations of ffp,or the inner workings of uefa but from start to finish this whole episode now could see a possible changing of the football landscape if ffp is brought crashing down,the last big change was probably the Bosman ruling ( although VAR could be seen as the last big change in fairness) when it was claimed it could ruin football,this could be a huge game changer if it happens...

I am of this opinion.

There will be serious ramifications for the game whatever the outcome.

FFP in its present format is keeping money out the game.Investors will think investment is pretty pointless having no chance of ever attaining an elite status.Sure there is no guarantee investment means success.But it helps keep the dream alive.Having restrictive, anti competitive,cartel protecting legislation in place before you even start the journey,then seriously whats the point of starting the journey to begin with.

UEFA get their way,then well come back to the 1980s.

We see FFP exposed for what it really is,and abolished.

Then i think clubs like Everton,Newcastle,Leeds etc will be become attractive for serious investment by rich owners.

The game will become more competitive. A level playing field.I am cool with that.

Last edited:
Hi Len
I meant that they'd go after the flaws in the process followed. If that's proven flawed, it can make the whole case unproven.
I agree that the facts are important, and the ideal outcome is CAS saying the conclusions aren't supported by the facts. That might be harder to prove to CAS' satisfaction, but they might decide that the emails alone are not sufficient to come to a conclusion (it's an interesting question as to what else they might have to act on).
My understanding is that CAS assess the process used, whether the conclusion is reasonable based on the information, and whether the punishment is reasonable.
I'll probably let this thread alone now - it's way too fast to keep track of.
Fair points.
If the CAS process takes the maximum time speculated ( fifteen months), I'll be a nervous wreck!

If I were City I would ensure the CAS hearing rules next season, and not this season.

If it rules this season the there's a good chance 5th is opened for Man Utd.

You don't think Gill will be using all his influence to ensure it meets and makes it's judgement in time for next season ? It seems highly likely he has someone feeding him highly confidential information directly from UEFAs IC and AC which he then directly or indirectly leaks to the pro United media e.g. NYT.

Good post on rag central amidst a sea of ignorant shite.

GazTheLegend
Jul 22, 2014
It's actually a ridiculous decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36706262

If UEFA were so against all this state ownership stuff, why did they allow Silvio Berlusconi to own AC Milan, or allow the principality of Monaco to run a tax haven for players, and that sort of thing?

Like - it's NOW they choose to step in? Nobody will ever convince me that all of this isn't because the City fans boo the UEFA anthem, which I can 100% get behind. feck FIFA, feck UEFA, hypricitical shits and rotten from the core upwards and always have been. Never sat well with me that they literally admitted they fixed draws and nobody ever denied it and they just laughed at it happening in the 2000's. Ferguson called it and he was right.

Now I realise it sounds sort of weird as a Manchester United fan and Manc, but I actually quite like the Stockport bluenoses despite everything else, their fans are alright. Thing is, until they stop targeting City and instead try to actually be fair and punish PSG as well as all the rest of them (Juventus are 100% about some dodginess, they're running at some stupid 80% of gross revenue level right now, there's something behind that), then it looks like victimisation to me.
That is an excellent resume, the reds I know always said they fixed the draws too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.