UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

Good post on rag central amidst a sea of ignorant shite.

GazTheLegend
    Jul 22, 2014
    It's actually a ridiculous decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36706262

If UEFA were so against all this state ownership stuff, why did they allow Silvio Berlusconi to own AC Milan, or allow the principality of Monaco to run a tax haven for players, and that sort of thing?

Like - it's NOW they choose to step in? Nobody will ever convince me that all of this isn't because the City fans boo the UEFA anthem, which I can 100% get behind. feck FIFA, feck UEFA, hypricitical shits and rotten from the core upwards and always have been. Never sat well with me that they literally admitted they fixed draws and nobody ever denied it and they just laughed at it happening in the 2000's. Ferguson called it and he was right.

Now I realise it sounds sort of weird as a Manchester United fan and Manc, but I actually quite like the Stockport bluenoses despite everything else, their fans are alright. Thing is, until they stop targeting City and instead try to actually be fair and punish PSG as well as all the rest of them (Juventus are 100% about some dodginess, they're running at some stupid 80% of gross revenue level right now, there's something behind that), then it looks like victimisation to me.

2. Centurions

Centurions

Sorry bud, it's quite possibly me but I'm none the wiser on it.

Edit: NVM, I've just seen @BluessinceHydeRoad s post.

Graeme Souness likes this.
  3. Len Rum

Len Rum

You've obviously made the assumption there Marv that CAS rule against us.
    That being the case it might be better to get it done and out of the way. If say the ban was reduced to one year then it would be over at the ed of next season.

4. cleavers

cleavers

I'd have thought that was the least of City's worries right now.

5. OB1

OB1

This cannot be stressed enough: the only thing City are guilty of is having an owner who wants to increase the value of his investment by investing in it.

UEFA are attempting to stop our owner following standard business practice and they (UEFA) have to be stopped.

6. SidJames

SidJames

Team supported:
    City
    I am of this opinion.

There will be serious ramifications for the game whatever the outcome.

FFP in its present format is keeping money out the game.Investors will think investment is pretty pointless having no chance of ever attaining an elite status.Sure there is no guarantee investment means success.But it helps keep the dream alive.Having restrictive, anti competitive,cartel protecting legislation in place before you even start the journey,then seriously whats the point of starting the journey to begin with.

UEFA get their way,then well come back to the 1980s.

We see FFP exposed for what it really is,and abolished.

Then i think clubs like Everton,Newcastle,Leeds etc will be become attractive for serious investment by rich owners.

The game will become more competitive. A level playing field.I am cool with that.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2020
  7. Kenward Garg

Kenward Garg

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    BluechesterCity and cookster like this.
  8. Len Rum

Len Rum

Fair points.
    If the CAS process takes the maximum time speculated ( fifteen months), I'll be a nervous wreck!

9. stan bowles

stan bowles

You don't think Gill will be using all his influence to ensure it meets and makes it's judgement in time for next season ? It seems highly likely he has someone feeding him highly confidential information directly from UEFAs IC and AC which he then directly or indirectly leaks to the pro United media e.g. NYT.

10. WestGorton

WestGorton

That is an excellent resume, the reds I know always said they fixed the draws too

BluechesterCity likes this.