UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. cityzen81

cityzen81

After reading the notes from the original CAS hearing I say we have a very good chance of us having the ban suspended.

I cant see how it could drag on for years with CAS though. I am pretty sure it would be heard witnin he next 12 months, the years of legal wrangling would be through the Swiss Courts should we go down that route

In regards the FA/PL I'm not too sure if they would even open a case and if they did they would have to wait on the outcome of any appeal. One can only imagine the shit storm if they end up spunking their load prematurely like UEFA and we win at CAS

Last edited: 17 Feb 2020
  2. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

karen7 and Blue Maverick like this.
  3. west didsblue

west didsblue

Agreed.
    Our CAS appeal will be based on the evidence that the UEFA investigators got it wrong in the interpretation of the hacked emails or that they refused to look at all the evidence in their haste to get it in within the 5 year deadline. There's no longer any argument that the sponsorship levels were out of line with similar deals with other clubs.
    If that fails then it will go nuclear and cases will be brought at the Swiss courts and ECHR with the aim of bringing the whole FFP edifice down. Should that happen, numerous clubs that have previously been fined will be asking for their money back which will probably kill off UEFA.

SidJames likes this.
  4. SidJames

SidJames

Team supported:
    City
    UEFA didn't want to accept that though.

Didn't fit with their narrative......

City " We have irrefutable proof,shall we fax it to you,or send by secure courier ?"

UEFA " Does it include a smoking Gun covered in fingerprints ?"

City "No"

UEFA " we are not accepting it then".

5. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman

Mainly the fans of G14 clubs. I'm sensing a different reaction from English fans of other teams who seem to be realising that if we don't win this argument then there is no hope of them ever being able to compete at the top level again. We lose and the closed shop will be forever locked.

BluechesterCity likes this.
  6. Manc in London

Manc in London

But the UEFA defence would surely fail if they punished us based on 'evidence' that we have not been able to respond to, as the process would be deemed unfair. It would be equivalent to a kangaroo court decision.

7. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    I can't see CAS exonerating us unless our evidence is utterly overwhelming, and I don't think it is.
    Have you seen it?
    The club claim it is irrefutable

view our attempts to finesse our way around FFP
    What attempts are those?

remit is of the organisations
    That will be CAS and independent organisation initially anyhow https://www.tas-cas.org/en/index.html

BluechesterCity likes this.
  8. paulchapo

paulchapo

Mmm due a cut from this Ric, stealing content from your site?

9. George Hannah

George Hannah

Surely a man of your gifts and experience can sleep easily though....

10. flook

flook

yes I spotted that too, tbf it was a balanced article, right up to the last para when his true colours shone through again