UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. KS55

KS55

If you think the stolen emails are compelling, think again. They may be evidence of a conversation, but they are not evidence of any action taken. This is basic, but it seems to have escaped your sharp legal mind. Ask a lawyer about cogency.

Gordyola likes this.
  2. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

I’m well up for winning the first ever domestic quintuple next season

Community Shield
    Carabao Cup
    EFL Trophy
    League Two
    FA Cup

Pep’s City on tour!!

cookster, KS55, tonea2003 and 3 others like this.
  3. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

As we were bought to promote Abu Dhabi & this shite from UEFA is very damaging to the image (never trust a bloody Arab etc) I think they'll be much more likely to produce stuff if necessary as this ruling although we aren't owned by a country as we all know does effect how the UAE is viewed in the world.

4. Murph

Murph

Your talking utter shite. Read the club statement from may 19.

"the allegation of financial irregularities are entirely false"

5. stan bowles

stan bowles

OK but do you foresee some sort of plea bargaining settlement agreement between us and UEFA? That's the point I was trying to get at. Seems like we've gone past that point. Either the CAS rules for UEFA and upholds the ban and fine and we go on to the Swiss Court or rules for us and overturns them.

6. paulchapo

paulchapo

They are paid to give impartial views on sport, even though they obviously support another club. Both do neither. Quek for some bizarre reason writes a football column for the mirror. She and Ferdinand who has posted similar, shouldn't be allowed to do so, they are paid to be above such behaviour.

stan bowles likes this.
  7. The worrying thing from the Uefa statement is they are looking at stuff up to 2016. Surely they would have found something between 2014 and then as we would have been under extra scrutiny.

Loads of different theories sloshing around on will we, won’t we be in the clear. I’ve got this horrible feeling no matter how clearer case City present we are getting fucked over what ever happens.

What the fuck has happened to football when you need to know what due process, upper chambers and Swiss law to understand what is happening with the game at the moment?

SidJames likes this.
  8. Murph

Murph

May 19 statement, read it.

9. The Colonel

The Colonel

OK that potentially clears up the Etihad money, but there are other deals that have been questioned, or does this explain those as well? HH being the head of the UAE?

10. OrigamiNinja

OrigamiNinja

The time for this passed years ago. The Khaldoon interview where he talked about "the pinch" was him basically saying we would accept no more. I expect UEFA at the time also thought (and hoped) it was all over and done with.