UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting points. I'm curious to know why (in legal terms) the CAS would come to a compromise ? On what legal basis do you think this might happen ? It seems our position is not some halfway house where UEFA might agree to a compromise agreement. Either we or they are fully fucked and one side or the other has to take the full consequence of the CAS judgement. From what others have said in this thread, we had our opportunity to accept a reduced penalty when the UEFA senior exec met with our senior team at 2 CL ties this season and we rejected it.

After CAS reviews all the evidence they have available.Which lets face will all be slanted in UEFA favor,on account of UEFA making sure that only what can be interpreted by UEFA as incriminating evidence will be available at this stage.Even if the evidence consists only of contentious emails,that were taken out of context open to UEFA interpretation.

Unless there has been a clear and obvious miscarriage of justice because the procedure was not adhered to, and CAS acquits us.Which would be really nice

I expect CAS will try and reach a happy medium acceptable to both parties.This is what the Court of Arbitration is for.

They will have read papers like us.And know that we/City want nothing short of complete exoneration.I expect they will try and dangle a Carrot in front of us,the 2 year ban,reduced to 1 year ban,Or unlikely but still possible a suspended sentence,UEFA saves face,and we get punished.

I would like to think CAS will find in our favor 100% and dismiss the allegations.See it for what it is a G14 Witch Hunt headed by UEFA.

CAS will know acquitting us,will have serious ramifications for UEFA,G14,and football in general.They know acquitting us will be a defining moment in Football.

I fully expect them to shit out of doing the right thing,even if the evidence calls for it.

So it's ok for American investors to invade our league and splash their money about, and/or saddle their clubs with debt, but as soon as this money comes from the Middle Eastern sources it becomes "Dirty oil money"? It stinks of hypocrisy, but don't worry folks, the knock-on effects of this will see other clubs own funding collapse as the perceived values of their own players sink as inevitably as the Titanic did. Players who today are being quoted at silly money such as £50m upwards will see their real values plummet to realistic money at about a tenth of that as clubs become shit scared of spending, if they spend at all, and smaller clubs who rely on selling to survive will be going to the wall. It should all be worth a laugh.
Smacks of racism

Some interesting points. I'm curious to know why (in legal terms) the CAS would come to a compromise ? On what legal basis do you think this might happen ? It seems our position is not some halfway house where UEFA might agree to a compromise agreement. Either we or they are fully fucked and one side or the other has to take the full consequence of the CAS judgement. From what others have said in this thread, we had our opportunity to accept a reduced penalty when the UEFA senior exec met with our senior team at 2 CL ties this season and we rejected it.

...it will be a fudge whereby uefa get their knuckles rapped for the leaks etc, and a statement that the punishment was too harsh, coupled with what they come up with as a reduced punishment, at which point we go to court.

Agreed. If we had irrefutable evidence, a smoking gun, surely we would made it public knowledge by now? Either directly or leaked to the press. Someone like Martin Samuel would be desperate to get hold of that sort of stuff. I just don’t get this idea that we are sitting there holding 4 aces but have decided not to play them yet. It makes absolutely no sense. Why would we let this drag on a minute longer than necessary if we could blow eufa out of the water? Isn’t it a golden rule of PR that you kill bad news as quickly as possible?

Unfortunately this a legal battle and not a PR one - so any aces we hold need to be played to maximum effect in the right court of law.

Have we really claimed that CFCB refused to consider our evidence? That to me makes the case a farce that will never get through an appeals process.

More likely we're claiming they accepted it, but didn't duly consider it. We know the IC didn't consider it in their rush to refer us to the AC. But I'd be very surprised if the AC didn't consider it (even though they ultimately disregarded it).

It appears that he doesn't like muslims and it seems to seep through everything he writes about City. What this whole saga has shown to me is the latent racism, bigotry, xenophobia, call it what you like, which seems to be a bedrock of British society and especially the media. They accuse us City fans of being deluded conspiracy theorists but we can all recognise sheer hatred when we see it. Syed is truly disgusting. He has no serious background as a journalist but is given a national platform to spout his poisonous views. He is just an upmarket Katie Hopkins, albeit from the other end of the political spectrum.

I think the word you are looking for is ****.

I would imagine It is nobody's interest/benefit to drag this out under a suspended ban. What happens if the ban is suspended, we take part next year, only for cas to uphold the ban. what happens to the club that finished 5th, this year, can they sue us? heck what happens if we were to win it next season, under a suspended ban, only for cas to uphold the ban.

Likewise, if we do go ahead with the ban, while an investigation is ongoing, and cas overturn it, do we sue uefa, or the club who took our spot?

The cleanest thing is this being resolved by cas prior to next year's competition starting, for all concerned.

I doubt it. The Champs League is essentially a private invitation only competition - UEFA could invite the bottom 4 if they wanted!

If the ban is suspended the introduced in a year or two, I wouldn't have thought any action could be taken. I could be wrong, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.