UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve clearly stated the club is guilty. There isn’t a shred of fact that supports that argument.

On a technicality yes like I say in my opinion because what they (UEFA) have said is probable and possible because of SM's connections and authority. I don't know what evidence UEFA has no one knows, all we can see online is the football leaks stuff which is pretty worrying especially if it is true. I'd be surprised if UEFA didn't consult this information when making their judgment that's all.

So it's ok for American investors to invade our league and splash their money about, and/or saddle their clubs with debt, but as soon as this money comes from the Middle Eastern sources it becomes "Dirty oil money"? It stinks of hypocrisy, but don't worry folks, the knock-on effects of this will see other clubs own funding collapse as the perceived values of their own players sink as inevitably as the Titanic did. Players who today are being quoted at silly money such as £50m upwards will see their real values plummet to realistic money at about a tenth of that as clubs become shit scared of spending, if they spend at all, and smaller clubs who rely on selling to survive will be going to the wall. It should all be worth a laugh.
Well said !!!!

These fears mirror my own. I can't reconcile myself to the belief that CAS will just say "dearie dear, how unfair FFP is, case dismissed", and if we go in there expecting to argue the rights and wrongs of that system and how erratically it has been administered in the past, then we're on to a sure-fire loser. By the same token then, I'm struggling to understand why, if we're prepared to gamble the club's entire future on the hope that CAS will find UEFA's processes sufficiently flawed to overturn their decision, we did not accept the relatively minor 'technical guilt' plea that was offered us by Ceferin (UEFA). This case is so huge, I can't see CAS exonerating us unless our evidence is utterly overwhelming, and I don't think it is. In fact, I think that as a de facto conciliation service, they're more likely to view our attempts to finesse our way around FFP unfavourably. Getting the ban reduced by a year looks the best we're going to get to me, and as a fanbase I think we have to stop looking at this through the prism of what is "fair" and focus more on what the remit is of the organisations we're appealing to. "You come at the king, you best not miss" GIFs, and gung ho attitudes, are blinding us. For 'smart' people, we (City) have come off 2nd best every time we've got involved with this crooked shower
Maybe I’ve become too accustomed to matchday or post-defeat threads but I actually think most of the response on here has been pretty measured.

However some people (not you) are looking for clarity where it doesn’t exist. Not even our most knowledgeable members are in possession of the full picture.

If UEFA asked accountants to investigate the source of Etihad's sponsorship money, going off the leaked emails, and they found the money came from another account in Abu Dhabi then it's a matter whether the original provider of the funds was ADUG. It's possible for them to try and tie up companies and claim that it's our own money going into the Etihad sponsorship, but there might be little proof of that. We don't have access to their evidence or ours. We say we have a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence, let's hope that includes of the Etihad money.

I don't want to link anything here but you can find the leaks online if you look for them including the Der spiegel article, some pretty compelling stuff. In a nutshell, most of City's sponsors are either Government owned or Government backed. SM is part of that government and chairs many of them himself. In short whenever City have had a shortfall they have been able to siphon money from other companies and inject it into the club, intentionally circumventing UEFA FFP rules and changing dates to suit to make it look like they didn't have a deficit. They are guilty on a technicality and if you look carefully the Club aren't even denying their guilt they are just not happy about the process.

Most are government owned?

https://www.mancity.com/fans and community/club/partners/global

https://www.mancity.com/fans-and-community/club/partners/regional

I am not 100% on how the procedure worked at UEFA.

All i do know is our Owners are alleging we have irrefutable proof of our innocence.That we have tried to give this additional information to UEFA,and they would not accept it.

That is highly likely why we are saying the whole process was a Witch hunt from the start

Also the reason we fully expect this to go all the way to the legal Courts.

Not only have UEFA prejudiced the case against us from the beginning.They have also prejudiced our appeal to CAS. Who will not get to see the additional information.

Hence the reason i am not personally holding out much hope for CAS,i expect them to push for compromise, rather than acquittal.
Not sure about this. Was City's dossier on the list of material they submitted?

They are paid to give impartial views on sport, even though they obviously support another club. Both do neither. Quek for some bizarre reason writes a football column for the mirror. She and Ferdinand who has posted similar, shouldn't be allowed to do so, they are paid to be above such behaviour.

Neither have much in the way of intelligence and that is a positive boon to any application for a BBC, Talkshite or gutter press role.There are very good blocking features on e.g Google news nowadays so you filter out (admittedly over 90%) of the press. Nothing to be gained from Facebook either, so delete that as well and you're pretty much sorted.

If this goes to the Swiss court and we're exonerated there,is there any chance we could get the original fine paid back to us due to the fact that uefa changed the rules after we'd made our original submissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.