UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought on the possible outcome at CAS.
1.Due process was not followed, specifically in Uefa's failure to address City's defence adequately.
2. The sanction is set aside.
3.Uefa must go back to the AC and properly consider that defence and reach a fresh conclusion.

I think that is quite likely.

With AC Milan, CAS ruled UEFA's punishment of a 2 year ban was way too much and sent it back to the Adjudicatory Chamber to go and come up with a sensible punishment. Then Milan fell out of the CL spots and accepted a ban in a deal with UEFA so they didn't have to play in the Europa.

Matthew Syed is guest speaker at the ASCL conference this year in Birmingham on March 13th/14th.
Laughably the theme of the conference is Diversity. Yet here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women.
I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions

From Wikipedia "Syed was born in Reading, Berkshire. His father, Abbas Syed, is a Pakistani immigrant to Britain who converted from Shia Islam to Christianity, and his mother is Welsh." - please check sources before you make claims of racism.

He can still be racist towards arabs which he clearly is

So because his father is from from the Indian sub peninsula, he can't be biased towards people from the middle east?

Not sure if you two realise @jamesha was responding to the assertion that Syed was a “white middle class man”.

oh no, you’re not one of those that believe only white people can be racist, are you?In this day and age too...
I think it is time to end this discussion, for everyone’s sake.

UEFA refusing to look at evidence presented by City makes no sense. They could have at least said "thanks for that, we will have a look that after lunch". By refusing to even acknowledge it opens them up to being laughed out of court. I know they are hated on here but they can't be that thick and irresponsible. This case is going to cost them thousands of man-hours, millions of Euro and potentially multipples of that if they lose. It just can't be that simplistic.

The more I think about it, the more I like the sound of League Two.

no VAR
no Tyler
not on MOTD
slightly less media coverage
we can chant “you’re shit ahhhh” ;)

We’ll bring back inflatable bananas, though that will probably get us banned for racism.

If UEFA asked accountants to investigate the source of Etihad's sponsorship money, going off the leaked emails, and they found the money came from another account in Abu Dhabi then it's a matter whether the original provider of the funds was ADUG. It's possible for them to try and tie up companies and claim that it's our own money going into the Etihad sponsorship, but there might be little proof of that. We don't have access to their evidence or ours. We say we have a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence, let's hope that includes of the Etihad money.

from @PrestwichBlue2
I've found a document that confirms the Etihad sponsorship was covered by the Executive Council, not ADUG. It was part of the Open Skies case brought by the US airlines against the Gulf ones (Etihad, Qatar & Emirates) and claimed that they were in receipt of huge government subsidies. As part of their defence Etihad had a presentation done for the Crown Prince, MBZ, by consultants Booz Allen.

Page 14 http://www.openandfairskies.com/wp-...08/Partnership-Rebuttal-Filing-DOT-Aug-24.pdf

City CEO Ferran Soriano is also said to have told the players: “Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped.”

Unless this is made up tabloid narrative, who is leaking this stuff ??

Dont for one minute think that this is a tabloid trying to make us fans feel better by writing this. This type of reporting is only to make us sound like UEFA with their leaks
How would it not get leaked? If you tell 20 people literally anything, they're going to tell other people.

He has a point. This past decade has been the greatest in the club's history. Yet you've barely posted anything praising of the team or manager. You seem to have jumped onto this issue, though. Most odd.
Think you have probably sussed Badaz52. There is being pessimistic and there is Badaz52!

The more I think about it, the more I like the sound of League Two.

no VAR
no Tyler
not on MOTD
slightly less media coverage
we can chant “you’re shit ahhhh” ;)

We’ll bring back inflatable bananas, though that will probably get us banned for racism.
And we can sing we are here while we are shit.....or something like that.

I was talking about the leaked emails that fit with the CFCB statement regarding their findings. That is the evidence I'm referring to as that is all we have to go on publicly at the moment. If they are fake then so be it.
Interesting choice of phrase. Nobody is saying the emails are fake, simply that the deduction drawn from them is uncorroborated and incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.