UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like the idea, I don't think CAS will be interested in that.
It can have an impact. City can show other clubs have done similar things and have not been investigated and punished. Why would they be punished then if the investigation is fair ?

It was also the strategy of Milan AC during their first appeal and it effectively reduced the sanctions, albeit it can be argued that the change of ownership had a greater impact.

This is not a precedent because UEFA did not accept its own advice and did not second guess the sponsorship. Nor has UEFA's competence in this area been established by precedent.

Somethings been established by precedent but it’s certainly not competence.

I think the clock is frozen if proceedings start within time.

They hadn't though, as the 2019 case was initiated after 5 years had passed from the start of the period within which the alleged breaches occurred.

From reading Stefan Borson's piece on the 9320 blog this may be one of our strongest arguments. It's one thing to use illegally obtained e-mails but it's quite another to use them as a basis to support a time-barred investigation.

I am unsure myself as well tbh.

No idea how this irrefutable evidence ended up not being considered by UEFA.
It wasn't considered because they didn't have time. They had to pass the case to the AC by 15th May, to avoud it being timed-out, as it would have been over 5 years ago and therefore outside their own limitation on reopening a case. They'd only opened the case a couple of months before.

But there's a doubt as to whether that date was even the valid one, as it totally depends on when the breach actually occurred. If CAS decides it was before 16th May 2014 then they'll have been out of time and i assume the case will be dropped.

As far as I can see he thinks it likely CAS will reduce the ban to one year? You can be a lot more pessimistic than that. He's entitled to his opinion even if not everyone agrees with it. Let's not get like like RAWK.

No he said that was the best we could hope for. In fact he said a one year ban was the best that City could hope for.

So looking at the timeline of events again. We submitted our 200 page document to the IC one day before the equivalent of the statute of limitations. Wonder if that was deliberate or just that UEFA hadn't given us enough time to gather the evidence. I can just see the IC's response when they received this:

City to IC: Here's our evidence to refute the allegations you've made against us.

IC members discussion: We have 1 day to read and understand all this information before we run out of time to charge them. Don't suppose we get paid enough for overtime do we? Nah, let's just go with what we have and pass it upstairs and the AC can take the fall if shit goes sideways.

Im not sure if we ever submitted it to them. So much shit has gone on since then but I seem to recall they asked City for clarification on a few points but then pushed it upstairs to meet the deadline.

It doesn’t, as you said you weren’t sure why they would even be commenting, which is an odd thing to say unless you haven’t been following the situation leading up to UEFA’s announcement.

If you haven't, then fair enough.
No they should keep quiet and say nothing, until they announce their decision. That’s normal, not odd, fucking social media age

Emails are not bank statements.

Writing something down doesn't mean it happens.

How can you and thousands of others not understand this simple fact?
Did i say UEFA is right ?

I said those email are obviously the basis of their argument. Before said email leaks, UEFA had "no problem" with City. It is CAS job to judge if the evidence given by UEFA are admissible or not. Not mine.

Here, we are discussing UEFA decision and what has led them to this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.