UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I’ve just re-read the statement in full(it didn’t take long) and this is the only bit that makes any reference to date of the alleged offence.

“The Adjudicatory Chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016.”

Now they may have made an early statement with the specifics but if that’s all there is to go on then it’s not very strong given the statute of limitations, the settlement period and the settlement regime. However if City have got this really wrong and their bank statements show something other than what they should then Raheem Sterling leaving would be the least of the worries - this would be very serious shit

But I can’t see City getting it this wrong. Given the rules were brought in to stop them, and the experience they have with them - I’d expect City’s legal and accounting teams to have knowledge of FFP inside and out and barring the odd crass email to be nowhere near infringing them

2. cjn

cjn

Forget about most of us on here, better qualified than 99% of anyone commenting on it

3. Murph

Murph

Maybe City sought assurances as to the payments due to the airline having financial difficulties.

Parisian likes this.
  4. Roachy

Roachy

It's been mentioned on here that City are fully aware of all the evidence that UEFA are using. Two other things as well, why would UEFA not disclose all their info in one go and would CAS even allow that info to be used at the appeal. I doubt it.

KS55 and warpig like this.
  5. stan bowles

stan bowles

Fuck off @carra23. Never heard of a legal appeal process.

TedofChume and Don Karleone like this.
  6. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

A good article has just come up on my phone, it was that Dan Roan shit on the BBC, it is full of City bingo but the reason why it is good is he mentions an English player who went to play in Turkey. He came home half way through his contract because his club were not paying him. The Turkish FA fined him and banned him. Long story short he appealed stating that the Turkish FA cannot investigate prosecute and sit in judgement. He lost his case but eventually, a couple of weeks ago the ECHR agreed with him. It has taken 10 years.
    Roan the snake also mentions Caster Semanya the African runner who is in body a woman but has male testosterone. Again that case is being dragged through every conceivable court.

Roan states that City can and will do what the above have done but Uefa cannot afford to. Further if it takes 10 years and our ban is suspend all that time it is a mockery. As I say, typical moan by Roan but it highlights Citys likely tactics.

BluechesterCity likes this.
  7. SWP's back

SWP's back

Couldn’t disagree more. Never take the rap for something you didn’t do. Ever.

8. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Yes that was my thoughts. Clearly the author knows far more than me and probably most of us when it comes to these types of legal disputes. He has made some observations on the decisions made by UEFA, their proceedures and the panel that made the judgement that appear to drive a bus through their arguments. It concerns me a bit that UEFA have missed these apparent holes in their case so easily. Clearly the secrecy of the agreements and the recent judgement makes it very hard for anybody outside those that signed them or privy to the reasons for UEFAs decision, to make any judgement either way as to our guilt. Finally the club's bullishness concerning their innocence does give me confidence.

9. Gundogan's Moustache

Gundogan's Moustache

Neville on the other hand was very level headed and knowledgable

stan bowles likes this.
  10. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Are UEFA allowed to bring new evidence at the appeal stage? The appeal is based on the (apparently) independent ruling based on the evidence that UEFA presented. Surely City would have access to all documents and not withstanding an oversight will have intimate knowledge of the evidence and arguments which UEFA put forward?

In addition, it doesn’t look like City (at this stage) are interested in debating the details of the allegations. City seem to be interested in appealing the process. They’ve already had a go at the confidentiality issue which was dismissed but are now looking into statute of limitations and the existing settlement agreement with associated audits which allowed them to exit the settlement regime

That is all documented in the CAS judgement from last year