UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I don't think it should. As I've said before, what if they borrowed the money from a bank to fund it? That's no concern of UEFA's.

SiMCFC likes this.
  2. Roachy

Roachy

I would suggest yes, as City attempted to submit a ton of stuff to them at the outset.

3. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

I think that after City, Chelsea get the next worse coverage in the media. When we arrived at the top table it took the pressure off them. Look at the difference in coverage when media darlings Liverpool won the CL compared to Chelsea whose CL win was a 24 hour wonder in the press and then largely ignored. The UK media sucks up to their two cash cows United and Liverpool and everyone else gets crap coverage in my view. It's one of the reasons why most media firms are dying on their feet. They are ignoring the silent majority of sports fans who don't support United or Liverpool.

4. Proy

Proy

Fair fucks.

I’d be a dick to argue with that or bring any rivalry into it.

Dribble and BluechesterCity like this.
  5. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

There’s no indication they have given City the full text of the decision or supporting materials (it’s possible, funny enough, that UEFA may not have had them ready when they made the announcement) but I am fairly sure the club know most — if not all — of their reasoning behind the ban and the supporting “evidence” they’ll present to CAS, as well as their argument for why their investigation was within their own rules (even though it likely wasn’t).

It will be some time before we as fans get to see it (if we ever really do), though.

6. PepInYourStep

PepInYourStep

Neville speaking sense there although he must've been keeping his FFP opinions quiet before now,,

7. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Gary Neville is right. FFP is entirely the wrong way to assess and monitor financial stability. When people say it wasn't designed to stop investment by owners like Sheikh Mansour, that's EXACTLY what it does and appears to be designed to do. What it should be doing is making sure investment is responsible and sustainable. Just looking at the P&L account and adding back or subtracting a few miliion here and there simply doesn't come close to achieving that.

The classic example of FFP is that you can have a club that makes a great profit, say £30m, in one year, then the owner starts to run it irresponsibly and it just breaks even the next. Finally. in the third year, it makes a £30m loss. That club would pass FFP yet just a cursory glance at the trend of the bottom line should be ringing alarm bells.

2691Blues, warpig, Murph and 3 others like this.
  8. sir baconface

sir baconface

Fair play to rat boy Gary Neville. How amazing that an oft-criticised ex-rag is one of the very very few to speak up.

BluechesterCity and foggy1974 like this.
  9. John Wayne

John Wayne

Yes, City will have had a substantial decision promulgated and given to them. It is unreasonable to expect anyone to lodge grounds of appeal without a thorough and proper determination.

10. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Jordan has been making one defamatory comment after another for months. I don't understand why we have not taken action against him. His comments have been broadcast and repeated online. It would be easy to stop him not least because it prejudices our chance of a fair hearing. He has told lie after lie. He can't prove any of it so would lose against any action we take.

tolmie's hairdoo likes this.