UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these figures correct ?
"City earned more than £80m ($104m/€96m) when they reached the quarter-finals last season while Liverpool made £110m ($143m/€132m) for winning the Champions League."
Quite possibly but my understanding is that every club gets a share based on their seeding, therefore as we were the English Champions we get a larger cut than the dippers regardless of how far either team goes.
Or I might just be talking bollocks.

I've done 3 in the last 3 days. Bolt From The Blue is my usual home, I did Ian Cheeseman's Forever Blue on Sunday, where we mainly talked about home game issues but I did a 10-minute vlog beforehand on this, and I've just come off the Man City Show. All are always worth listening to.
Must. Avoid. Temptation...

It likely won’t be thrown out at CAS.

The fight will be after it when we go into an actual court.

CAS is just the first step because that is the process after a sporting judgment.

I expect the club don’t believe they will see this thrown out at CAS

Surely the club should believe that CAS will throw it out if they have irrefutable evidence!! If it’s not , I doubt any penalty will be suspended just because we want to take it to court

So I've posted a while ago about why Chelsea aren't treated the way City are. I think it boils down to three things:

1) Unbelievably I think the biggest factor was during Chelsea's initial rise from 03-07 Ferguson was still going strong at United. All fears of dominant newcomers could be put to one side knowing that the 'great Fergie' would be the last bastion of justice and stand up to the mean upstarts. His successes in 07-09 sealed that opinion. A lot of the anti-City talk went into hyperbole from around 2014, after Ferguson had retired. If it weren't for Klopp now winning it with Liverpool the anti-City rhetoric I reckon would have been even worse, as crazy as that might seem, as the fears of domination would have been far more real.

2) Chelsea never looked as looming as City did. Sure they spent money on players and on their academy, but City built an entire state of the art new training and academy complex, expanded the stadium, developed a singular style of play through ALL of the teams, set up the CFG, and have developed much better financially all things considered, on top of hiring the most significant manager of the past 20 years. I reckon there's more here too.

3) And finally, Chelsea hadn't been the moneybags team for too long before City got money. And City got money that blew Chelsea's money out of the water. And those initial 3 or 4 years after Chelsea's spending had already slowed down made City a far more terrifying threat to the elite than Chelsea with big transfer outlays going up until 2011. Why fight both City and Chelsea?

Chelsea still get a rough time in the press, although Lampard's presence has slowed it down. It's just nobody is afraid of them so the vitriol is kept to a low. I do recall a Chelsea supporting friend of mine getting bothered during their last title win under Conte as he felt the media was trying to unsettle and undermine the players and the manager the whole time, although that's just his opinion.
You missed out: Abramovich is a white European, Mansour is a filthy arab.

Well you must have seen this as you liked it.

I am really struggling to understand why you have a problem with my post - you claimed "here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women. I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions"

You are clearly wrong about him being a white man (he may well be middle class). Claiming that you would attend an event that he was speaking at and ask him pointed questions about his views on race when you are mistaken about his ethnic origin concerned me. I thought that I was doing you a favour and sparing you from a potentially embarrassing situation.

Sections of the media today are falling behind the FFP rules are wrong, Neville, Spitty Scouse, Talk sport etc..

Maybe we have sent a few shots across the bow of the media about the one sided reporting so far?

I am really struggling to understand why you have a problem with my post - you claimed "here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women. I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions"

You are clearly wrong about him being a white man (he may well be middle class). Claiming that you would attend an event that he was speaking at and ask him pointed questions about his views on race when you are mistaken about his ethnic origin concerned me. I thought that I was doing you a favour and sparing you from a potentially embarrassing situation.
Ignore @squirtyflower he's got a downer on middle class people to the extent where he struggles to get to the bar to get a round in...

Surely the club should believe that CAS will throw it out if they have irrefutable evidence!! If it’s not , I doubt any penalty will be suspended just because we want to take it to court

Who said anything about suspension?

You have to remember CAS is not a court. It may be in the title but in the end it’s an arbitration service where we, UEFA and they will have a representation.

In cases like this, the middle ground is met so for arguments sake that will look like a 1 year ban and a £15 million fine.

If they throw it out, great.

Regardless I believe city are going for blood and this will end up an a real court where we can then proceed to challenge the legality of FFP itself, which when the chips are down, is what this is all about.

It’s why we didn’t take a deal.

One thing I learnt listening to Prestwich Blues contribution on Ian Cheesmans blog is that new owners are now allowed by UEFA to invest in their club (not just infrastructure)
I think he mentioned 4 years
Was City offered the same latitude-I don’t think so.
Surely CAS will take this into consideration when dealing with our case otherwise they will comparing apples and oranges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.