UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all secretly know what will happen. CAS will give us a reduced punishment, to appease UEFArce, and the ruling cartel clubs.
I can’t see a ‘fair and independent hearing’ being done, no matter what Sorriano thinks. This will open the gate for PL to try and stick their iron in the fire and get a points reduction.
Maybe our owners should now just dump a billion pound of debt on us, then carry on spending. It’s what the rags seem to be able to do without any scrutiny.

I disagree as that would be seen as another pinch and I doubt Khaldoon will allow that to happen after his last end of season update

I imagine damages will be paid to MCFC, you know the plc with their name on the charge sheet.

Not sure if your just thick or wumming, I hope it's the latter.

I don't get the hostility, I think it's quite simple, if a business is suing then the business pays. If I have a business that is defamed or has copy right infringement against it then my home shouldn't be on the line to defend the business's name. Thousands of business's go through the court system and 99.9% of them don't have wealthy owners to take the hit for them.

If the owner wants to spend a billion quid he can do but surely that ends up back in with Man City balance sheet and your back in FFP trouble again.

City will be making a claim for damages against UEFA.

Fans might think about doing likewise with some of the comments in the media (Jonathan Liew the latest https://www.dumptheguardian.com/foo...re-not-the-sort-to-take-punishment-lying-down). Apologies or yet another MUG post but when City fans are called out in the media then it can't be ignored.

"Trawl the City messageboards in the wake of Uefa’s decision to ban the club from the Champions League for two seasons, and it won’t take you long to stumble across the rhetoric of scorched earth: of traitors and revolutionaries, violence and purgation, shady cartels and subhuman scum." I recognise shady cartes, but revolutionaries and violence? Not sure Ric will be too happy with that...he's clearly referring to Bluemoon.

He should try reading his own article back and put himself in our shoes.

And that's just in regards to the fans. Also proclaims yet again that Man City = Abu Dhabi and equates the UAE with a dictatorship. Well it maybe, but your state created it and you never comment about the million Arab lives it took.

I really hope that on Wednesday night not one City fan comments in their match report. That is what we should aim for.

I'm sure Manchester City will sue, as may well CFG as an entity and perhaps individuals for defamation etc. UEFA could have multiple suits if it goes the wrong way for them. Plus our other investors, sponsors etc.

It crossed my mind that if the club were to sue it would make more sense for the CFG to sue for damages rather than just the club. This 100% could be seen to effect all the clubs in the brand and would offer greater clout.

CAS is regulated by Swiss courts UEFA are head quartered in Switzerland that why and post CAS legal action will be in the Swiss courts

The Swiss apply a lot of EU law they have been reprimanded for not applying EU law e.g free movement

Switzerland is not a member state of the European Union (EU). It is associated with the Union through a series of bilateral treaties in which Switzerland has adopted various provisions of European Union law in order to participate in the Union's single market, without joining as a member state.

I would be fairly certain they follow EU competition law and EU rules on restraint of trade which would be applicable in this situation

Also most UEFA clubs are in the EU

And if they win and end up suing who gets to keep the money?
From what I’ve read from you tonight you’ve pretty much being playing City Bingo, dressed in debate, but this is interesting.
So are you entertaining the possibility that we could win?
Most of the other stuff has or is being actually debated to bits in here.

A perspective I’d like to honestly hear is what do Liverpool fans actually think the chances are in CAS. Is there a fear that perhaps City are right about UEFA?
Or is the pervasive feeling that an arbitrary compromise deal will see us being banned for a year and the persecution can be maintained through the media and into the PL.

Last edited:
As a man in orthopaedic shoes says, I stand corrected.

For the record Prestwich Blue does excellent work and whilst no doubt a bit of bias may come in from time to time, his information is the most reliable out there and more balanced. I hope the club unofficially recognise how he helps our fan base.

I am sure this is covered elsewhere but the whole deal does not make sense. If we over-stated sponsorships I get what we are accused off but the deal with Etihad, where we supposedly so desperate for a company we could top up that we have kit sponsorship and stadium naming rights for £8 million??? This includes consistent CL and seasons we won the league.

Just doesn’t seem right if they had paid 50 million and the sheikh topped it up to 80 million (I could see the potential for that scenario, not saying it happened) but to sell all that for just 8 million seems crazy.

The only other explanation is that it is not circumventing FFP at all, but being given deliberately cheap to help the airline out and then money topped up to City is to give the market value.

I just wonder why this is not talked about?
Cuz Der Spiegel has put their narrative about the Leaks. They didn't simply publish the Leaks (or hacks) for what they are. They also put their own interpretation. Like City Sheik cheated and illegally injected 2 billions into the club. Why don't we see something like Agnelli has injected X hundred of billions with his own sponsorship of Juve ? Or Bayern stakeholders has injected X billions in Bayern between Audi, Adidas and Alliance. The only two clubs that have had that spin are City and PSG, period.

Where are the investigations for their related party contract ? Never heard of one. As if it is deemed fair just because those clubs wouldn't dare to do something funny.

They can't even realize that 8 M is not a realistic contract for shirt + naming rights of a leading club in PL and Europe because their bias is too big. If 8 M is the fair value, then a lot of clubs in Europe are in danger of flouting the rules with inflated deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.