UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I was thinking this the other day. Most journalists don't engage, although some will if you make an intelligent point. But Delaney, Nick Harris and Simon Bajkowski at the MEN all get involved in stupid little spats, getting personal and often abusive. I tried to work out why and came to the ame conclusion; to validate their own existence. It's the modern manifestation of Oscar Wilde's witticism that there's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about.
Delaney has tweeted over 265,000 times in under 10 years. That roughly works out at around 80 tweets per day so I reckon he must be on social media for at least 3-4 hours a day. Every day. That is not healthy for anyone

Yes it does, if you beleive how some reports put it. i think if you are out of uefa comps, they supposedly dont look at your books for that period, u can spend what you want (as long as u comply with FAs limits, which i thought were scrapped).

that is reportedly the reason AC milan accepted a one year ban, when it looked like cas were going to overturn it (originally 2 years). it was looking like they might finish 5th anyway, so be out of it, and it gave them a further year to 'rebuild'.

The years liverpool were 7th and out of champs league, they spent big, conveniently, not halving to comply till they were in it. (other than of course liverpool never spent any money at all, as all their players are home grown).

If you're correct then I'm labouring and maybe many other people under a fundamental misapprehension about FFP. I always thought it applied to all clubs all the time whether they were in European competitions or not. Anyone know for certain? Prestwich Blue?

Delaney has tweeted over 265,000 times in under 10 years. That roughly works out at around 80 tweets per day so I reckon he must be on social media for at least 3-4 hours a day. Every day. That is not healthy for anyone
Well he doesn't need to take much time to actually write anything. He just tidies up the press releases he gets from the Liverpool PR team.

People need to seriously chill.

We will tie this down in litigation for years to come if we don't get completely exonerated.

That alone, will be enough to guarantee the Premier League stay completely on the sidelines until all avenues have been exhausted.

Everything is just hopeful white noise on the part of people who have only ever had bad things to say about us from minute one.

Let's not add to it by being irrational. Uefa have already shown their cards, we have yet to reveal our full hand.

Instead of people flapping, realise that UEFA and the media have shot their respective bolts; City haven't and won't until absolutely necessary.

That's why the likes of Panja, Delaney and Rob wotsit get frustrated and have been reduced to simply regurgitating and agitating with the same old news, essentially for clicks.

I think enough information has come out that we can already take a stab at what happened or at least Citys version of it.

The out of context emails say ADUG paid for Etihad which would be breaking FFP. We now know thanks to @Prestwich_Blue that this is not what actually happened and the executive council paid - fine by FFP.

Leterme has a history of ignoring evidence he doesn't like without justification. This is known from the PSG case where he ignored independent valuation to benefit PSG despite the objections of the other people on the investigatory panel.

If ADUG did not pay the sponsorship this would be recorded in bank statements/transfers which would be conclusive and "irrefutable"

Soriano says that the CFCB relied more on the out of context emails than anything the club gave them.

A possible narrative is forming about what happened in the IC.

But what are the AC doing in all this? Why did they rubber stamp it if it's so easily overturned at CAS, which it would be if that's what happened.

3 possible answers:

1) There is credible evidence that City broke FFP rules, although City seem incredibly sure of their ground on this
2) There is wrongly interpreted/circumstancial evidence that City broke FFP rules, but why on earth would the AC come out with such a harsh penalty against City if this were the case?
3) EUFA politics, we've become too big for our boots in some people's eyes - by which I mean we have broken their nice cosy cartel which generated them each £50-£100m a year because of their history. Also don't forget the way the CL prize money was altered to further reward the 'istry clubs - that seems to have been largely forgotten about on this thread, that's a prime example of self-serving corruption right there.

I am actually starting to love all this drama, I just hope it ends decisively one way OR the other. We either blow EUFA apart or we go back to York away (I didn't get there 1st time around so has to be on the bucket list...), either will be a fun ride!

City 'Til I Die

I think enough information has come out that we can already take a stab at what happened or at least Citys version of it.

The out of context emails say ADUG paid for Etihad which would be breaking FFP. We now know thanks to @Prestwich_Blue that this is not what actually happened and the executive council paid - fine by FFP.

Leterme has a history of ignoring evidence he doesn't like without justification. This is known from the PSG case where he ignored independent valuation to benefit PSG despite the objections of the other people on the investigatory panel.

If ADUG did not pay the sponsorship this would be recorded in bank statements/transfers which would be conclusive and "irrefutable"

Soriano says that the CFCB relied more on the out of context emails than anything the club gave them.

A possible narrative is forming about what happened in the IC.

But what are the AC doing in all this? Why did they rubber stamp it if it's so easily overturned at CAS, which it would be if that's what happened.
Because the AC only considered the evidence from the IC which made their case in haste due the 5 year time out The IC wanted to believe that City are guilty due to the agenda

Leterme has a history of ignoring evidence in his career outside of football as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.