UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4AHvm4MQ_400x400.jpg

Remember his face - the relentless negative coverage by parasite media and the scum of the fetid world of click journalism

but it doesn't name the quote lol.....I haven't heard one City fan say we fear its the end of City you knob !( not you George )plus I think our main demonstration against the ban will be at the RM home game.

In the event the PL or FA levy any punishment City could still appeal that. In 1994-95 Spurs were fined £600,000, deducted 12 points and banned from the FA Cup for a season for financial irregularities. Following an appeal the fine was increased to £1.5 million (big deal) but the points deduction and FA Cup ban were scrapped, not even suspended.

£1.5M in 1995 was a serious amount of money.

I think Spurs' entire turnover was about £20M around then.

If you're correct then I'm labouring and maybe many other people under a fundamental misapprehension about FFP. I always thought it applied to all clubs all the time whether they were in European competitions or not. Anyone know for certain? Prestwich Blue?

That's correct. That's why Liverpool escaped punishment when they failed FFP in 2013 and Milan requested to withdraw (N.B. they weren't kicked out involuntarily) from the Europa League this season. Milan are now able to (ahem) get their finanical affairs in order and most crucially UEFA dropped their advanced investigation into their FFP breaches in 2016-2018.

Liverpool also were allowed to move £50m to the infrastructure pot claiming that’s how much was spent on the Stanley Park stadium project when in reality it’s was >£1m

I've seen this quoted a fair amount. Do you have a source doc for it at all?

I'm not saying you're wrong - plenty of others have quote the 50M - just after background interest in the details.

Good!

I never want to be part of The Cartel. Us against them, bring it on!
Actually whilst we had to overcome UEFA's "Barrier to Entry" version of a Cartel we currently benefit from its effect.

Obviously our owner is not afraid of competition like the others, but he is benefiting from its effect now that we have matured from purely investment phase to delivering some profits.

We will be the wrong end of ref and var decisions permanently, not just to allow Pool the advantage for this season so players and fans get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.