UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 possible answers:

1) There is credible evidence that City broke FFP rules, although City seem incredibly sure of their ground on this
2) There is wrongly interpreted/circumstancial evidence that City broke FFP rules, but why on earth would the AC come out with such a harsh penalty against City if this were the case?
3) EUFA politics, we've become too big for our boots in some people's eyes - by which I mean we have broken their nice cosy cartel which generated them each £50-£100m a year because of their history. Also don't forget the way the CL prize money was altered to further reward the 'istry clubs - that seems to have been largely forgotten about on this thread, that's a prime example of self-serving corruption right there.

I am actually starting to love all this drama, I just hope it ends decisively one way OR the other. We either blow EUFA apart or we go back to York away (I didn't get there 1st time around so has to be on the bucket list...), either will be a fun ride!

City 'Til I Die

Can you imagine the fights breaking out for tickets is we were to draw National League (North) York away in the FA cup 3rd round next year

Actually whilst we had to overcome UEFA's "Barrier to Entry" version of a Cartel we currently benefit from its effect.

Obviously our owner is not afraid of competition like the others, but he is benefiting from its effect now that we have matured from purely investment phase to delivering some profits.

We will be the wrong end of ref and var decisions permanently, not just to allow Pool the advantage for this season so players and fans get used to it.

Agree with this. City clearly want to be 'in', benefit from the barriers behind us, and (sadly, IMO) aren't that bothered about the less well-off.

I predict there will be a lot of Boiled piss once the dust settles on this and it won't be Manchester City fans

£1.5M in 1995 was a serious amount of money.

I think Spurs' entire turnover was about £20M around then.

Yes but it wasn't a really huge increase from the original fine and Spurs were more than happy to take that hit in exchange for the points deduction and FA Cup ban being scrapped. That season Liverpool paid Millwall £1.5 million for Mark Kennedy.

Yes but it wasn't a really huge increase from the original fine and Spurs were more than happy to take that hit in exchange for the points deduction and FA Cup ban being scrapped. That season Liverpool paid Millwall £1.5 million for Mark Kennedy.

True, but potentially 8% of turnover? That's 40M to City nowadays (roughly), still the price of a decent player (as Kennedy was thought to be!) - I can imagine the reaction here if the FA tried fining City 40M!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.