UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair comment, my last line was a little unintentionally provocative.

Was just trying to understand exactly what you are accused of.
Probably best to google it or read some of this thread. I am not sure if you are taking the piss, but if you can find a club that does things more properly than Manchester City, has done more in its local community (for 40 years), and has created more jobs, then please let me know. For the avoidance of doubt there is nothing rotten about Manchester City

Obviously you folks know what’s going with this rubbish, so may I ask a couple if questions cos it looks like smoke, mirrors and dry ice too me.
  1. You have been actually charged by Temple Of Light, UEFA - right?
  2. It’s going to CAS on appeal - did Man City instigate that?
  3. As far I could see (be bothered to look for) you are naughty (alledgedly) cos your sponsorship was overvalued, and from a mate of your owner? (Again, alledgely)
I am genuinely not trying to be a dick, just want to understand as football is rotten clearly on many levels, so assume this is just a continuation of the rot
UEFA say that City overstated our sponsorship income.

We don't know exactly how it's broken down but it's clear that the Etihad sponsorship is the major aspect. The Football Leaks suggested Sheikh Mansour financed this but documentary evidence suggests that the UAE state underwrote it because Etihad are in financial difficulties.

Sorry, but we don't know what we're charged with either. We presume the club knows but there is an obligation of confidentiality, so they can't tell us either.
The UEFA statement says we overstated sponsorship income but it does not specify by how much or which contract. It had to be Etihad to be material.

I took it to mean the two smaller contracts were inflated, not the Etihad one. Etihad was more about us potentially being misleading about who ultimately paid it.

There isn’t documentary evidence of any of it, at least not in the public domain. That’s why we’ve just got to wait for it to get to CAS and see if anything comes out then.

Real Madrid CF (ESP) - Manchester City FC (ENG)
Referee: Daniele Orsato (ITA)
Assistant Referee 1: Lorenzo Manganelli (ITA)
Assistant Referee 2: Alessandro Giallatini (ITA)
Fourth Official: Daniele Doveri (ITA)
Video Assistant Referee: Massimiliano Irrati (ITA)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Ciro Carbone (ITA)
UEFA Referee Observer: Bo Karlsson (SWE)
UEFA Delegate: Nebojša Ivković (SRB)

The Italian Job

fucking hell!
All those Italians just for us.
Anyone thinking when we win in Madrid, and the moment we leave the dressing room, we’ll be stuck in isolation for 2 month’s ?

Obviously you folks know what’s going with this rubbish, so may I ask a couple if questions cos it looks like smoke, mirrors and dry ice too me.
  1. You have been actually charged by Temple Of Light, UEFA - right?
  2. It’s going to CAS on appeal - did Man City instigate that?
  3. As far I could see (be bothered to look for) you are naughty (alledgedly) cos your sponsorship was overvalued, and from a mate of your owner? (Again, alledgely)
I am genuinely not trying to be a dick, just want to understand as football is rotten clearly on many levels, so assume this is just a continuation of the rot
1. Charged and found guilty hence the 2 year ban and €30 million fine.
2. I think we put the appeal in the very next day as we knew what was coming. (who else do you think would instigate that BTW?)
3. No one actually knows outside of UEFA or City (presuming they bothered to even tell us).

How they can claim we overstated sponsorship's when UEFA themselves passed them I have no idea. It may be that they think Mansour put the money in himself, but City can show that the money came from the sponsors themselves. It's more probable that the AD government put the money into the state run Etihad Airlines, as they were (and still are I think) struggling. They also claim we didn't co-operate but considering one of our complaints is that they refused to take in to account a 200 page submission from us, who knows.

5 Live live right now absolute lying bastards live on air!

'Ian Ladyman asked that question for the Daily Mail but was immediately shut down by City's press officer'

You lying utter ****s, I have literaly just watched the video on here and Pep gives a 1 minute awnser! The BBC are absolute gutter press these days, utter utter scum

1. You have been actually charged by Temple Of Light, UEFA - right? YES
  2. It’s going to CAS on appeal - did Man City instigate that? YES
  3. As far I could see (be bothered to look for) you are naughty (alledgedly) cos your sponsorship was overvalued, NO - UEFA valued the sponsorship in the original settlement as fair value
and from a mate of your owner? (Again, alledgely) Allegedly accordingly to hacked emails the investment didn't come from where it's was said it came from. Therefore allegedly City lied in their submissions to UEFA. Allegedly - despite the fact that the respective companies accounts are independently audited and City have vehemently denied any wrongdoing.

So look at it a different way, an airline wants to advertise on City's shirts in order to publicise their businesses then where exactly is the problem with that?

Etihad are competing with Emirates, and Abu Dhabi are competing with Dubai. In 2014 Emirates accounted for approx 1/3 of all GLOBAL airline sponsorship so Etihad clearly have to play catch-up (https://www.arabianbusiness.com/analysis-gulf-airlines-obsession-with-sports-sponsorship-576567.html)
The amount of the Etihad sponsorship was fair value - which means the trade off between what is paid and the worldwide recognition received is fair. Had you heard of Etihad before they sponsored Man City? Maybe, maybe not but you definitely have now haven't you?

Emirates sponsor Arsenal and the FA cup - as well as various other teams outside England. Are they allowed to do that but Etihad aren't allowed to sponsor City?

Answer me a question:

Why exactly is owner investment bad?

Whilst we all contemplate what the future will hold for our club and I for one am not overly optimistic we will prevail, I glanced at the BBC home page and there was a picture of a very well known footballer who once played in red, then white and now black and white. Our mates at Der Spiegel published what on the face of it were pretty damning accusations that this footballer had committed an horrific crime and then pretty much admitted it to the police, he then reached an out of court settlement with the alleged victim. Now I am not going prejudge anyone but when the case against City is based purely on the Der Spiegel allegations, if UEFA were bastions of decency and honesty surely they would look to ban said footballer not on the basis that he had been found guilty of a crime but on the “evidence” provided by Der Spiegel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.