UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one of the best moments in football and the perfect revenge. I'm sure Adebayor thought it was worth every penny to rub their noses in it after suffering vile abuse all game.
Correct...what was the chant..his dad washes elephants..or somat like that. He gives them a bit backby celebrating a goal.....and they are enraged.
Soft arses!!

Absolutely, except the American club owners stance is anti Arab because they wish to take control to create a closed shop cartel in their own vision that Sheffield United and its owners are excluded and who can never be a part. City threaten them with our CFG model.

The American owners model is just wrong.

I really don't think ethnicity comes into it, the fact 8 clubs with owners from all over the globe sent letters tells me capitalism is the only thing that matters. These guys are English, Iranian, Russian, American, Thai, Portuguese/Chinese, that is quite the mix. If your owners were from Iceland or Turkey I don't think it would make one jot of a difference. I include Sheffield Utd in that, any decision they made is based on long term economic thinking, how will it benefit them or their owner. Pounds, dollars and euros wherr considered by all 9 clubs, not one club considered fairness.

I'll ask a question of those that think ethnicity played a major part. If Man Utd or Liverpool ended up in Saudi hands would the rest of the league/media base any decision concerning them on their own owners ethnicity or what their brand can do for them financially?

I really don't think ethnicity comes into it, the fact 8 clubs with owners from all over the globe sent letters tells me capitalism is the only thing that matters. These guys are English, Iranian, Russian, American, Thai, Portuguese/Chinese, that is quite the mix. If your owners were from Iceland or Turkey I don't think it would make one jot of a difference. I include Sheffield Utd in that, any decision they made is based on long term economic thinking, how will it benefit them or their owner. Pounds, dollars and euros wherr considered by all 9 clubs, not one club considered fairness.

I'll ask a question of those that think ethnicity played a major part. If Man Utd or Liverpool ended up in Saudi hands would the rest of the league/media base any decision concerning them on their own owners ethnicity or what their brand can do for them financially?
We don't think we know,we have had 12yrs of being referred to to arab petro dollars,full on racist shit from journos,last summer it was blatant,just yet another subject you come on here and tell blues they are wrong about,tiresome

We want the club to ban feral media hacks - lets ban the officers of any of those vindictive clubs from their plush facilities at the Etihad - they can buy seats in the away end.

Does anyone have a link to the rules to say that CAS can suspend the punishment.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitration/code-procedural-rules.html

R37 Provisional and Conservatory Measures

No party may apply for provisional or conservatory measures under these Procedural Rules before all internal legal remedies provided for in the rules of the federation or sports-body concerned have been exhausted.

Upon filing of the request for provisional measures, the Applicant shall pay a non-refundable Court Office fee of Swiss francs 1,000.—, without which CAS shall not proceed. The CAS Court Office fee shall not be paid again upon filing of the request for arbitration or of the statement of appeal in the same procedure.

The President of the relevant Division, prior to the transfer of the file to the Panel, or thereafter, the Panel may, upon application by a party, make an order for provisional or conservatory measures. In agreeing to submit any dispute subject to the ordinary arbitration procedure or to the appeal arbitration procedure to these Procedural Rules, the parties expressly waive their rights to request any such measures from state authorities or tribunals.

Should an application for provisional measures be filed, the President of the relevant Division or the Panel shall invite the other party (or parties) to express a position within ten days or a shorter time limit if circumstances so require. The President of the relevant Division or the Panel shall issue an order on an expedited basis and shall first rule on the prima facie CAS jurisdiction. The Division President may terminate the arbitration procedure if she/he rules that the CAS clearly has no jurisdiction. In cases of utmost urgency, the President of the relevant Division, prior to the transfer of the file to the Panel, or thereafter the President of the Panel may issue an order upon mere presentation of the application, provided that the opponent is subsequently heard.

When deciding whether to award preliminary relief, the President of the Division or the Panel, as the case may be, shall consider whether the relief is necessary to protect the applicant from irreparable harm, the likelihood of success on the merits of the claim, and whether the interests of the Applicant outweigh those of the Respondent(s).

The procedure for provisional measures and the provisional measures already granted, if any, are automatically annulled if the party requesting them does not file a related request for arbitration within 10 days following the filing of the request for provisional measures (ordinary procedure) or any statement of appeal within the time limit provided by Article R49 of the Code (appeals procedure). Such time limits cannot be extended.

Provisional and conservatory measures may be made conditional upon the provision of security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.