UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to know exactly what happened and I suspect we will never find out. I thought City had challenged Arsenal on this and they denied they were the instigators? I still believe that the top English clubs at the end of the day have relatively little influence with UEFA - Real, Barca and Bayern call the shots.
David Gill would dispute this, being a Vice President AND Treasurer of the organisation. and is on a host of other committees. Similarly Rick Parry was (formerly) a member of the Club Financial Investigatory Chamber. Whether he was a member of the panel directly looking at City's case is unclear, but that case (and verdict) is noted primarily for it's leaks to the NYT, which has close connections to the Fenway Sports Group.
It's obviously a pure coincidence that the two aforementioned play/ed a significant role in the affairs of our two biggest "rivals", and are/were in a strong position within UEFA to help hinder our continued future progress.

Last edited:
Bosman has shown which court ultimately has the final say over European football. Yes, Turkish & Israeli teams compete in them, but under the laws of the EU.

To trade with the EU, every country has to meet their exacting standards, which must be verified. This doesn't compel these countries to trade with the EU, but it does if they want to trade.

As for European football, no one is compelling UK clubs to abide by EU Law, however if we do want to compete, we have to..... Plain & simple....

It is actually anything but plain and simple and your post makes several false assumptions. The Bosman ruling was given in 1995. Bosman was a Belgian footballer playing for a Belgian side, who wanted to move to a French club. France and Belgium are both member states of the EU and thus had to, and still have to, abide by the rulings of the ECJ. The UK was then a member state and accepted the ruling of the ECJ. The problem of conflict never arose.

Trade between states is regulated by trade treaties agreed between the contracting states. These treaties lay down the terms of such trade, including standards of manufacture etc. These treaties are ratified and become law in the contracting countries. Where terms cannot be agreed trade can take place under WTO terms but these cannot override national or international standards. In other words trade is regulated by law and this includes an agreed procedure laid down for settling disputes which is binding on both sides. The EU negotiates such deals on behalf of all its members. The UK will face enormous problems if we leave the EU without agreement and the government does not align with EU regulations.

FFP is entirely different. It is not law but a series of regulations introduced and enforced by UEFA. Even a cursory reading of TFEU suggests that the break even rule is in flagrant contravention of the treaty and that the rules will be found unenforceable and unlawful. There will almost certainly no conflict between the ECJ and English courts because I don't think there will be any divergence between competition law in the UK and the EU. The only problem will arise if the European court interprets the law on investment differently to the English courts because UEFA would apply the ECJ's interpretation and we would have to follow the English court's.

Slightly related to the ongoing smear campaign aganinst City:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52101421 - this is the owners of the 'Houseparty' App, which has taken off due to Covid-19, and is owned by Epic games, makers of Fortnite. They are offering $1m bounty for informatiobn leading to the uncovering of who is leading the smear campaign against their product. The smear alleges that Netflix, Spotify and other apps, and even bank accounts were being prevented from being accessed after downloading Houseparty.

Seems like a good investment , £1m bounty leading to the uncovering of who is behind the smear against us...
Though I think it's generally accepted it's being driven by a couple of entities...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52101421 - this is the owners of the 'Houseparty' App, which has taken off due to Covid-19, and is owned by Epic games, makers of Fortnite. They are offering $1m bounty for informatiobn leading to the uncovering of who is leading the smear campaign against their product. The smear alleges that Netflix, Spotify and other apps, and even bank accounts were being prevented from being accessed after downloading Houseparty.

Seems like a good investment , £1m bounty leading to the uncovering of who is behind the smear against us...
Though I think it's generally accepted it's being driven by a couple of entities...
We all deleted our accounts yesterday, and it was a set up?

As we've seen in the past, it's so difficult to keep a leaky ship watertight isn't it, even with the help of super injunctions... I suspect there are already people out there who know they're on borrowed time... tick, tock!

Feel free for Arsenal fans to remind us who has sponsored their shirts and stadium for so long?

It seems not all oil money is as dirty as ours.

Perhaps Liverpool and United fans can also get together and ask the same of their teams regularly setting up training camps in such a filthy oil region.

NFL cartel wankers.

I'm certain one of the Rags partners is an oil company?

Just had a look....its Gulf Oil.

Last edited:
Bloody hell...first Houseparty and now TikTok
Aside: Tiktok hasn’t been smeared but it is a slightly dubious App. Though ‘dubious’ is at the same level as FB. Ie all your data, and whatever the App can access on your phone is hoovered up into the Chinese (instead of US) servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.