UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rochdale Blue isn't Cerefin head of UEFA. Therefore it has everything to do with him. What he should have said was probably something like this. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. Do you really think that if the FA'S of Germany, Spain, England and Italy say we are null and voiding this season he will ban all their teams from competing in the next Champions League/Europa League. I don't think so. That is where most of the money come sfrom.
Belgium are the only country to have called their season void at the moment. I haven't looked at their league tables but I believe the premier division only had one game left to play, so it may not be as problematic as other countries. Uefa just organise european competitions as far as i'm aware and Fifa make the laws. Ceferin butting in to a members internal affairs is out of order and seemingly about ensuring Liverpool are in the CL next season, but what happens to those finishing below if this country is unable to finish the season, but others are?

The way the FA, UEFA and PL are presently responding to this pandemic - they won't need to worry about behind closed doors fixtures - no one will be interested in their pathetic squabbling. Football is so off message that it will take years to recover from this shit show, presently playing out.

It would appear vital to Liverpool to get the payments for a full season from PL, TV and all sponsors, partly because their main rivals are owned by a man who is a multi billionaire and can thus finance the club outside permitted revenue streams (as he has done for years) whereas Liverpool's owners are as poor as church mice and will be dependent on DHSS benefit payments and charitable donations from fans' "other activities".

It's just all posturing shite, all league will end up void unless we have no football at all until march next season then & only then can I see any sort of arguement to finish off this season.

Training regimes are being scaled down, not up.

That should tell us plenty.

The footballing authorities in this country have misjudged the mood, to the extent the public is in step with the government.

This has only further emboldened governmental departments that they don't need to give a shit when football can be resumed or how many clubs go to the wall.

It's not even started this lockdown.

Irony is, only a government edict can save football clubs now - leaving them not liable for the TV agreements and related revenue streams.

Training regimes are being scaled down, not up.

That should tell us plenty.

The footballing authorities in this country have misjudged the mood, to the extent the public is in step with the government.

This has only further emboldened governmental departments that they don't need to give a shit when football can be resumed or how many clubs go to the wall.

It's not even started this lockdown.

Irony is, only a government edict can save football clubs now - leaving them not liable for the TV agreements and related revenue streams.

The reality is that football needs saving from itself. The majority of football in England lives hand to mouth in abject poverty - sentimentally preserving national structures it cannot afford. A major restructure of lower league football is long overdue... Bury, Oldham and Macclesfield are the tip of the iceberg. At the upper end Football is awash with revenues from TV but there was never a guarantee that the tv windfall would last forever. Moreover, football has become greedy, wasteful and bloated and hasn’t spent its income that wisely. Ridiculous transfer fees, ludicrous agents fees and wages that simply can’t be justified on any measure - sees clubs effectively mortgaged to the hilt - clubs like United have pre spent the next 3 years Sky income and more already - Sanchez is on £2m a month and he’s got just over 2 years left on his contract - that’s circa £50m pre committed on someone who’ll probably never play for them again. This day of reckoning was always coming and football is over exposed - even football crazy people like me have tired of the sheer number of televised games, biased punditry, idiotic media coverage, VAR etc.. the game isn’t in particularly good health and needs to retreat from the corporate bollocks and reconnect with its grass roots. Football is not in a great place and unfortunately it’s has a bunch of corrupt fuckwits running it - so the future could be bleak because I see no visionaries in fact the majority of people at the PL, FA and UEFA are struggling just now to contemplate basic reality or even a sense of decency in the midst of a global pandemic.

The reality is that football needs saving from itself. The majority of football in England lives hand to mouth in abject poverty - sentimentally preserving national structures it cannot afford. A major restructure of lower league football is long overdue... Bury, Oldham and Macclesfield are the tip of the iceberg. At the upper end Football is awash with revenues from TV but there was never a guarantee that the tv windfall would last forever. Moreover, football has become greedy, wasteful and bloated and hasn’t spent its income that wisely. Ridiculous transfer fees, ludicrous agents fees and wages that simply can’t be justified on any measure - sees clubs effectively mortgaged to the hilt - clubs like United have pre spent the next 3 years Sky income and more already - Sanchez is on £2m a month and he’s got just over 2 years left on his contract - that’s circa £50m pre committed on someone who’ll probably never play for them again. This day of reckoning was always coming and football is over exposed - even football crazy people like me have tired of the sheer number of televised games, biased punditry, idiotic media coverage, VAR etc.. the game isn’t in particularly good health and needs to retreat from the corporate bollocks and reconnect with its grass roots. Football is not in a great place and unfortunately it’s has a bunch of corrupt fuckwits running it - so the future could be bleak because I see no visionaries in fact the majority of people at the PL, FA and UEFA are struggling just now to contemplate basic reality or even a sense of decency in the midst of a global pandemic.

It really does remind me of the "Emperor,s new clothes" story. They have their heads so far up their own backsides they are on the verge making themselves extinct and for me the sooner that happens the better.

It's only a few weeks ago that certain clubs and Journos on the ffp bandwagon against City were claiming clubs throughout Europe were in a much stronger position financially because of the benefits ffp had brought to the game. That went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.