UEFA home leg first??

we were too quick off the mark for cyprus and same happened when ties were swiched. Luckily it only cost £20 to switch. But got the same crap off punters for being a fool and acting quickly. Ie foolishly getting a good deal before the airlines double prices. Probably the same smug lot that are giving it out here.
Quick to sit tutting, not so to get their arses in gear and book

simonk said:
we were too quick off the mark for cyprus and same happened when ties were swiched. Luckily it only cost £20 to switch. But got the same crap off punters for being a fool and acting quickly. Ie foolishly getting a good deal before the airlines double prices. Probably the same smug lot that are giving it out here.
Quick to sit tutting, not so to get their arses in gear and book

....and then worry about getting a ticket.

For those that have booked flights to Copenhagen already this is very unfortunate, however it's the risk you take when you book the flights so far in advance. If it works out you get cheap flights, if not you lose money. Disappointing but not completely out of the blue.

Now on to the pitch issue. Copenhagen have the obligation to fulfill the fixture, they have been drawn at home FIRST so THEY have to provide the pitch. If their home pitch isn't suitable/available then they HAVE to provide an alternative. If they can't provide an alternative then they forfit the game. UEFA CAN'T force us to accept switching the order of the home and away legs, we won the group so we earned the right to be home second. I see no reason we we should AGREE to switching the order of the games, we're not a charity, if Copenhagen can't get a pitch sorted then hard fucking luck, we're in the last 16. As for the Liverpool game issue, why do they HAVE to play on the Tuesday? Champion's League games are on the Wednesday too, so play it then. Or, move the laegue match. Don't tell me there isn't a date later in the season where we can play them. If it was United having this issue then I can GUARANTEE there'd be provisions made. Am I missing something here?

You are spot on mate. But regarding the flights ,i cancelled mine with SAS today at no cost .Before 24 hours was up.So got to start all that crap again on monday.

Matty said:
For those that have booked flights to Copenhagen already this is very unfortunate, however it's the risk you take when you book the flights so far in advance. If it works out you get cheap flights, if not you lose money. Disappointing but not completely out of the blue.Now on to the pitch issue. Copenhagen have the obligation to fulfill the fixture, they have been drawn at home FIRST so THEY have to provide the pitch. If their home pitch isn't suitable/available then they HAVE to provide an alternative. If they can't provide an alternative then they forfit the game. UEFA CAN'T force us to accept switching the order of the home and away legs, we won the group so we earned the right to be home second. I see no reason we we should AGREE to switching the order of the games, we're not a charity, if Copenhagen can't get a pitch sorted then hard fucking luck, we're in the last 16. As for the Liverpool game issue, why do they HAVE to play on the Tuesday? Champion's League games are on the Wednesday too, so play it then. Or, move the laegue match. Don't tell me there isn't a date later in the season where we can play them. If it was United having this issue then I can GUARANTEE there'd be provisions made. Am I missing something here?
yep that makes sense...i see no reason why we can not reschedule the liverpool game if needs be...and have the match switched in denmark to a different ground if needs be

What I find hard to believe is that Copenhagen knew they would be at home first( by virtue of finishing 3rd in group), hence they knew the date they would be playing (18th or 19th feb). THEY KNEW THIS BEFORE THE DRAW WAS MADE, Surely they must have informed UEFA of this and UEFA should then have made contingency plans that could have been announced straight after the draw and potentially saved City fans a lot of money.

According to bin dippers website they are palying Real on Weds 25th so no reason our game against them can't be Sunday.

Either no-one at City can work that one out (and that wouldn't suprise us would it) or we have asked and they are refusing to move the game.

Have e-mailed City asking for clarification. Won't hold my breath

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.