UEFA Matches This Week | 27/28/29 August '24 (pg 7)

You can blame the VAR though, as he sent him to the monitor.
You can blame the var ref for sure because I’m still trying to think as to why they’d ask. Thing is unless their rule book for handballs give such, then I wouldn’t be surprised, harsh as it may be.

You can blame the VAR though, as he sent him to the monitor.
also, ref can still say no pen. Not like they have a gun to his head. Ref on field wasn’t told to give it but to go have a look and make a decision. It’s still always in their hands. It’s in the PL where they’re too fucking scared to do what they must and let their buddies on var duty to bail them out or take the blame.

That's more of a penalty than the one that was given. I'm not sure it actually was a penalty, mind. But it looked clumsy, and it wouldn't have been a huge shock if it had been given.

Was a great game until that moment. Sigh. Well, it was enjoyable for the most part.

I think they've interpreted a rule incorrectly, should never be given.
I think you’re right and they have.
From the IFAB 24/25 rule book.
“Touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation.”

He actually did none of those things, hence the ref shouldn’t be in charge of another game for a few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.