Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Will the same rules apply as for the league cup final in terms of travel restrictions / taking tests / vaccinated etc etc ?

Playing an English side at Wembley won't feel much like a Champions League Final. It will feel a lot like a domestic cup game especially as we played the same team there in an FA Cup SF only a couple of weeks ago.

I'd prefer it to be played abroad so it actually has the feel of a European cup final but if it's between Wembley and keeping it in Istanbul with no fans allowed then I'll take it.

If what Lipton is reporting is true I can’t see this given the green light in all honesty.

The UK gov didn’t want 8,000 of us going into a red list country so the are not going to allow nearly double that come over here with no restrictions on testing or quarantine.

Also I don’t see City or Chelsea caving in and forfeiting some prize money when they have not been pushing for this either.

Seems odd and can’t but but think this is just some kind of posturing from UEFA

Last edited:
If what Lipton is reporting is true I see this given the green light in all honesty.

The UK gov didn’t want 8,000 of us going into a red list country so the are not going to allow nearly double that come over here with no restrictions on testing or quarantine.

Also I don’t see City or Chelsea caving in and forfeiting some prize money when they have not been pushing for this either.

Seems odd and can’t but help but think this is just some kind of posturing from UEFA
Yes, I agree. It's more ludicrous to grant quarantine exemption for 17,000 hangers-on from all over Europe than it is to make 8,000 dedicated fans quarantine on return from Turkey.

The whole thing is becoming tiresome. There's little I wouldn't do to be at the final so all of this charade is bad for the head!

Loads made their arrangements as soon as we went through on Tuesday.... Not me by the way

I was just making the point that a lot of posters saying it should stay in Turkey are the ones who have made their bookings... a bit of self interest going on I reckon
Probably less self interest than those that hadn't booked or were unable to travel wanting it to be moved back to the UK. Most of whom will now kick off when they don't get a ticket.

If tickets are distributed on loyalty points then I should get one either way so I'm not too arsed, I just strongly disagree with the decision to put turkey on the red list. Cases there down again today for what it's worth, eleven amber European countries with worse data, some considerably.

Difficult to quantify exact numbers, but there will be thousands of traveling staff/media/sponsors/VIPs from various parts of Europe and the world who need to be given quarantine exemptions for this to go ahead at Wembley. Would love to know how that will be safer from an epidemiological point of view than having 8k fans go to one place and come back and quarantine properly, getting tested properly.

Edit - I see that point has already been made...

Last edited:
Probably less self interest than those that hadn't booked or were unable to travel wanting it to be moved back to the UK. Most of whom will now kick off when they don't get a ticket.

If tickets are distributed on loyalty points then I should get one either way so I'm not too arsed, I just strongly disagree with the decision to put turkey on the red list. Cases there down again today for what it's worth, eleven amber European countries with worse data, some considerably.

Difficult to quantify exact numbers, but there will be thousands of traveling staff/media/sponsors/VIPs from various parts of Europe and the world who need to be given quarantine exemptions for this to go ahead at Wembley. Would love to know how that will be safer from an epidemiological point of view than having 8k fans go to one place and come back and quarantine properly, getting tested properly.

I'd say that the tone of this article is less optimistic about the final being played in England.

They are right cheeky bastards asking City and Chelsea to forfeit their prize money so they can reimburse turkey if its moved.

I read the tweet as though they were asking all the clubs who took part in the CL to forfeit some prize money rather than just the two finalists. But who knows ?

Mind you, can you imagine how united, liverpool, Juve, the Milans, Barca and Madrid would respond to such a request ?

I read the tweet as though they were asking all the clubs who took part in the CL to forfeit some prize money rather than just the two finalists. But who knows ?

Mind you, can you imagine how united, liverpool, Juve, the Milans, Barca and Madrid would respond to such a request ?
They’ve had enough money off us already.... fuck off UEFA

I would prefer the game remains in Istanbul or played elsewhere in Europe.
Our players will be more rested than Chelsea and when you add in the travel factor it will tire them out more than us. Even if it's a marginal advantage, can be the difference.
Whilst our record at Wembley is strong, somehow I don't feel as confident there, especially against Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.