UEFA would strongly support a British world cup bid.

I'm not sure we have much of a claim to host it because others have hosted it twice, when there are countries with professional leagues who haven't even hosted it once (China, Australia, etc). We couldn't even be arsed to take part in the first three in Uruguay, Italy and France.

The only countries that have really hosted it twice are France, Italy and Brazil and they had to wait up to 64 years between tournaments. Germany hosted previously as West Germany rather than a united Germany. Mexico only hosted it again in 1986 because Columbia withdrew at the last moment.

but football and england is the mother land and we should have if every 16 years with it going around the world in the other 12 years. but for fifa to snub us after 1966 is a joke and the truth is fifa will not let england host it ever again after the BBC Panorama and giving the FBI all the info they need the BBC will have killed any hope

in a lot of major sports the world finals are always best at the home of that sport and for me football and the international game is wrong to take it around the world more than hosting it in england or the uk we have everything football needs to host the world cup and if its about money show me any other league in the world that the premier league generates and the players we have. ask the players and the managers would england be the best choice for the world cup it would be a big yes

look at the small amount of investment is need to host the games over here we have about 10 major city's out side of london that could host the games itself and look at the summer all the major grounds have something going on with music and 50.000 plus fans going to gigs its got everything from transport to hotels and food and night life

its been like this for 20 years or more in england and still fifa never look at out plans for hosting the world cup shocking

UEFA?

Nick-Offerman-–-Lol.gif

but football and england is the mother land and we should have if every 16 years with it going around the world in the other 12 years.

Football is a world game now and the only way it will continue to grow is if other countries get a chance at staging a World Cup.

Up until 1966 it couldn't even be described as a World Cup, it was more like a European and South American cup. The first African country didn't take part until 1974!

There have been 20 World Cups to date. Europe has staged 10. South America has staged 7. Africa, Asia and the U.S. have staged 3 between them.

Perhaps I am guily of lacking patriotism but I prefer the excitement of these events being held abroad (I admit Qatar is not filling me with excitement nor the Euros being spread around Europe). Since 96 I have attended quite a few of the euros/world cups and have had some of my best football/travel experiences, I would much rather it was held in Spain or Italy or other European countries than in England. I accept though that I am being selfish and it would be a great opportunity for youngsters and people who haven't had the chance to attend these events to experience an international tournament.

Football is a world game now and the only way it will continue to grow is if other countries get a chance at staging a World Cup.

Up until 1966 it couldn't even be described as a World Cup, it was more like a European and South American cup. The first African country didn't take part until 1974!

There have been 20 World Cups to date. Europe has staged 10. South America has staged 7. Africa, Asia and the U.S. have staged 3 between them.

but the home of football and what the offer of playing in the country of the birth of football it does not get any better for the dream of winning the world cup on the the mother land yes take it around the world but have a set time like i said every 12 years offer the 4 world cups to the world but england should be a base of holding it every 16 years and the place you want to win it first and foremost

the way fifa have just snub us is a joke and even if we host it in 2030 that's 64 years since the last one that's not right and show me another country in the world that's got the stadiums we have and the premier league is the big league that everybody wants to watch so england would never have to build anything or investment would be to a minimum it would not bankrupt the country and leave it in a mess with white elephant stadiums its a (no-brainer)

The Moroccan FA suggest you research before posting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.