UEFA would strongly support a British world cup bid.

It's a silly rule mate. Only 2 stadiums for the Qatar world cup?
I never said it wasn't a silly rule.
According to some sites it's 12 stadiums spread across 7 cities for Qatar. They've ignored this rule due to the lack of cities in Qatar. And in any case I think we can refer to 2022 as the Brown Paper Envelope tournament where rules were bent, ignored and re-invented to ensure an oil-rich state got the gig.
Other oil-rich states may have a more popular impact on football.

from what we know we were looked in the eye by delegates and promised their votes last time. They then welched and we were out of the running first round. The authorities face the problem of having countries unable to run the thing whereas we have the facilities to run one this summer if needs be ( as long as G4S aren't contracted for security ) - so now all of a sudden it suits the authorities. There is such a long time between now and the proposed date could mean things may change and we are no longer "needed" and the same thing could happen again. We spend millions and get snubbed so I say fuck them unless we get a guarantee now which has massive penalty clauses in it if the change their minds - and no bidding process so no bungs

DNOv8.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.