UEFA would strongly support a British world cup bid.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40136827

As much as i would like to see the WC in this coyntry. A bigger part of me would prefer the FA to tell UEFA and FIFA to stick their sugestion where the sun dont shine. Up their corrupt backsides.

Did we not give them a World Cup bid for 2018? Instead they picked a country with issues of racism, homophobia, land grabs on their neighbours and shoots down Malaysian airliners. What's not to like?

Please make it happen. I honestly don't care about UEFA on this. I just want to see it in my lifetime whilst I'm young enough to enjoy it pissed.

Does that mean all four home nations qualify automatically? Would Northern Ireland even be included? Stupid idea. If they hadn't let the TV tail wag the FIFA dog, they could have kept it small and there would be no necessity to spread it over different countries.

Does that mean all four home nations qualify automatically? Would Northern Ireland even be included? Stupid idea. If they hadn't let the TV tail wag the FIFA dog, they could have kept it small and there would be no necessity to spread it over different countries.
Did they mean British or English? Tbh by the time 2026 rolls around, between the swamp, Emirates, WHL 2, Stamford Bridge 2, St James Park, a 60k seater COMS and Wembley, there's absolutely no point in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland being included in any bid. Even Everton could have their new ground at that stage.

Did they mean British or English? Tbh by the time 2026 rolls around, between the swamp, Emirates, WHL 2, Stamford Bridge 2, St James Park, a 60k seater COMS and Wembley, there's absolutely no point in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland being included in any bid. Even Everton could have their new ground at that stage.
There used to be a rule that only one city could have two grounds in use; this may have been overlooked for Qatar 2022. If it's still the case then London would have Wembley plus only one of WHL2, Emirates and Stamford Bridge. And Manchester would be just the swamp even though it's not in the city.
We'd still have the required number of grounds (we probably already have) but I'm "bitter" enough not to want the FA to pay for the rags increasing to 90,000.

There used to be a rule that only one city could have two grounds in use; this may have been overlooked for Qatar 2022. If it's still the case then London would have Wembley plus only one of WHL2, Emirates and Stamford Bridge. And Manchester would be just the swamp even though it's not in the city.
We'd still have the required number of grounds (we probably already have) but I'm "bitter" enough not to want the FA to pay for the rags increasing to 90,000.
Bit of a silly rule and would make zero sense to enforce in the UK with 3 big London teams and 2 big Manchester teams. Can't see anywhere being expanded as a result, PL clubs are expected to support themselves and with the backlash from the Olympic Stadium they would use the stadia in place. Besides, Wembley is already big enough for a final venue and you've a pick of 5, maybe 6 grounds for the semi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.