Ugo Ehiogu Really sad news

On average there are 12 apparently fit and healthy young people (ie 35 or under) dying from undiagnosed cardiac conditions in the UK every week.

12. Deaths. Every. Single. Week.

Get yourself screened.

RIP Ugo Ehiogu.

Shocking news. A very good defender and a nice bloke to boot. I remember being genuinely excited when Royle tried to sign him - I think he would've comfortably been our record signing at the time.

His passing brings to mind an amusing story from our 1-1 draw at Villa Park at the back end of the 1994-95 season. Ugo put Villa ahead and there was a strong suspicion of handball about the goal. John Burridge was in goal for us and was quoted afterwards as saying the match ball should be taken to the local police station as evidence because it had Ugo's fingerprints all over it.

Had the fortune to meet him on holiday in Greece several years ago.
Chatted to him for a couple of hours over a couple of beers around the pool. Came across as a genuine likeable bloke.
Sad anyone should die so young. RIP Ugo and sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

We did try and sign Ugo under Joe Royle but failed with an £8m bid, I think we ended up with four players including Laurent Charvet and Steve Howie, Joe Royle's line was we had bought a back four for the same price as Ugo but we all knew (including Joe) we had missed out on a quality player. What we didn't know was what a quality bloke he was as well, RIP big man.

Shocking news. A very good defender and a nice bloke to boot. I remember being genuinely excited when Royle tried to sign him - I think he would've comfortably been our record signing at the time.

His passing brings to mind an amusing story from our 1-1 draw at Villa Park at the back end of the 1994-95 season. Ugo put Villa ahead and there was a strong suspicion of handball about the goal. John Burridge was in goal for us and was quoted afterwards as saying the match ball should be taken to the local police station as evidence because it had Ugo's fingerprints all over it.
I don't remember that but it made me laugh this morning, John Burridge was a one off, what a character. On the tragic news of Ugo, so many people saying what a decent fella he was, you don't always hear that.

Despite what you might think of Merson,this is incredibly heartfelt.......

""

RIP Ugo,it seems the game,and life,has lost a true character and gentleman.

I don't agree made it all about him instead of ugo, he was laughing and joking on soccer sat yesterday think he saw an opportunity and exploited it to the full imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.