UK ‘Special Forces’

How highly trained are the SAS and SBS?

How elite are their levels of physical fitness, strength, adaptability and durability to extreme weather conditions, to extreme sleep deprivation, lack of food/water etc. And also psychological eliteness, intelligence, problem solving, learning capacity, tactical awareness, torture durability..?

Standard set of skills growing up and thriving/surviving in inner city Manchester!

How highly trained are the SAS and SBS?

How elite are their levels of physical fitness, strength, adaptability and durability to extreme weather conditions, to extreme sleep deprivation, lack of food/water etc. And also psychological eliteness, intelligence, problem solving, learning capacity, tactical awareness, torture durability..?
That's pretty much the full job description, right there.

I know another one but this one is funny.

So growing up there was this lad my age who everyone on the estate fuckin hated. The lad always use to brag that his dad was a Mi5 agent and if we did anything he'd get his dad to batter us.

Months later my mum takes me and my brother to toys r us to buy us a N64 game. As we're in there looking we see that lads dad who supposedly is special force's...

Turns out he was a bloody Toys R us security guard.

Was more excited to tell my mates than I was of playing my new n64 game.
I think you mis heard the MI5 bit. It was probably MFI

Yes, I'm sure that former SAS or special forces in general are trained to keep their mouths shut, and in any case I think it's in their temperament, part of why they're recruited. But some do definitely talk. I met one, and I don't come on here to make stuff up. In any case, what's the risk? If any of them thought that you'd shopped them, you'd get done, one way or another. They'd make sure of it. They know it as they're talking to you, and they know that you know it. You don't mess around with these people.

When in the Royal Navy did plenty of exersises with the Special Boat Service at Portland but never met any of them
When serving on HMS Devonshire in the 70s we were the first British Warship to go to the USSR (Odessa in the Ukraine) for donkey's years
Four extra "officers" joined us before we went but they didnt come back on board .
lots of speculation what they were up to but its anyones guess
Yeah, another poster who served in the senior service :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.