UK ‘Special Forces’

For your information you can’t actually ‘join’ SF. You join the Army/Navy and then after a while you have to go on a selection process. You don’t actually have to be ‘tough’ but it helps but you need a certain amount of intelligence and they don’t take stupid ‘hard’ buggers.

My nephew was in Afghanistan with the REME, working on a vehicle, when his officer came to tell him he would be going out with 4 special forces soldiers.
They went out, drove for miles, where he didn't know, and told him to stop.
He was then told to wait with the vehicle, and they all disappeared, in different directions, he waited for hours, cacking himself, when they came back, said virtually nothing and they drove back to base.
He was with them in case of vehicle failure, but still has no idea what they were doing, or why, but he left the army soon after.

I used to work with a couple of guys that were on the Iranian embassy siege ,one was a helicopter pilot and the other went in through the balcony window and neither knew the other had been there. someone mentioned earlier that they were "grey" wouldn't take notice of them in public type guys and that is so true. The guy who went through the window could literally disappear in an almost empty room, you would just forget he was there!

Entering thread .. Entering thread!

exW6dK6.gif

I don't really know any personally but I can tell you that they all retire in Phuket in Thailand. I think nearly every English bloke I ever met in a bar there was pleased to tell me that he was ex-SAS/Paras/MI5 or similar. They usually went on to say that they couldn't say any more about it though, so sadly I have no further information to share, other than that they still maintain their excellent disguise after retirement, as to most outside observers they all looked a bit like sad, old, fat, lonely men.

I did some mountaineering with a guy who was on R&R from a trip to Iraq. He had a month off, and he was just dossing around trying to keep himself occupied and fit before he went back on ops. Turns out the reason he was on R&R was that he'd been shot in the chest with a shotgun whilst knocking a house. Body armour took the full force, but he cracked a couple of ribs, and had internal bruising.

I found out later, through a friend that he was SAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.