UK ‘Special Forces’

There was a guy living here in town a few years back who was an x seal, nice unassuming fellow. I've seen him several times on top of the ski hill in a full blizzard with no hat or googles, just sunglasses. Not saying that made him a hard case or anything but he was genuinely unfazed by the elements. Not sure if that was from training or just the kind of guy he was
Or maybe he had left his hat and goggles at home but didn't want to waste the trip.
I once walked, no walked my dog in the rain without a hat but you don't hear me boasting.

US Seal Team physical test is readily available. I’m sure it’s comparable.

The physical is, by the time of acceptance into the program, taken as a given. The mental and technical are another matter.

The mentality to move beyond all normal physical constraints, into danger that would scare away most mortals, and then execute your technical skills at the highest possible level is where they separate the men from the boys, and why they can appear “grey” in real life.

Being a roided bodybuilder type doesn’t help you blend, nor does being the loudest in the room.

Those with the competence and ability to belong font need to advertise the fact. That’s all part of the mentality and skill set.

I hope that was a more complete answer. My son is very interested in becoming a U.S. Naval Officer, and applying for BUDS, and thus has more books on the subject than I care to count.
I’ll have a look for that

Not quite Special Forces but I worked with a Scottish fella a few years ago who had been about a bit.
He joined the Royal Marines when he left school as his dad was an ex RSM in the Royal Marines. Did a few years then left and ended up going in the French Foreign Legion and did a few years there. Obviously missed the military life as he then went in 2 Scots for a few years.
Got sacked at our place for nicking copper and haven't heard from him since

I’ll have a look for that

The minimum standards for this expanded test are as follows:

• 1000-meter swim – with fins ( 20 minutes or under )
  • Push-ups: at least 70 ( Two-minute time limit )
  • Pull-ups: at least 10 ( No time limit )
  • Sit-ups: at least 60 ( Two-minute time limit )
  • Four-mile run – with shoes + pants ( 31 minutes or under )
Candidates who don’t pass the longer, more intense test are removed from training and reclassified to other jobs in the Navy.

Advanced Standards: Swim 500yds- 8:00, Pushups 80-100+, Situps 80-100+, Pullups 20+, 1.5 mile run 9:00 or less.

There’s a ton of data out there.

The minimum standards for this expanded test are as follows:

• 1000-meter swim – with fins ( 20 minutes or under )
  • Push-ups: at least 70 ( Two-minute time limit )
  • Pull-ups: at least 10 ( No time limit )
  • Sit-ups: at least 60 ( Two-minute time limit )
  • Four-mile run – with shoes + pants ( 31 minutes or under )
Candidates who don’t pass the longer, more intense test are removed from training and reclassified to other jobs in the Navy.

Advanced Standards: Swim 500yds- 8:00, Pushups 80-100+, Situps 80-100+, Pullups 20+, 1.5 mile run 9:00 or less.

There’s a ton of data out there.
Piece of piss the first lot and I’m in my 50’s!!

Lot of Cheshires round here but on normal Remembrance Sundays l end up with two ex Signals lads. One is full of the secret squirrel stuff knows some stories and has some photos on his phone one of which is quite disturbing because its a soldiers body and l am not sure how he got it.
The other bloke doesn't say much about his service but he's the real deal without any doubt.

Walter was not always a general term for fantasists but quite specific and not for fantasist at all.
My nephew gas done a few tours with the paras
and has got over the effects of the shocks on landing which travel up the spine and affect the brain;) and so he is still a good Blue.
Would this be you talking to someone in a pub who claims to be in the forces??

There was a guy living here in town a few years back who was an x seal, nice unassuming fellow. I've seen him several times on top of the ski hill in a full blizzard with no hat or googles, just sunglasses. Not saying that made him a hard case or anything but he was genuinely unfazed by the elements. Not sure if that was from training or just the kind of guy he was
Ex seal, could he balance a ball on his nose whilst clapping?

My dad's next door neighbour (neither of whom are about any more unfortunately) was in the squadron that became the original SBS (Special Boat Services) during the second world war. I heard him talk a little bit about it, but he became quite close to my dad before they both passed away around the same time and told him a fair bit. Stories about wading out in canoes into the ocean, hoping to god the submarine that was meant to turn up to pick them up would arive etc. etc. Incredible stuff, massive respect to the guy.

My dad's next door neighbour (neither of whom are about any more unfortunately) was in the squadron that became the original SBS (Special Boat Services) during the second world war. I heard him talk a little bit about it, but he became quite close to my dad before they both passed away around the same time and told him a fair bit. Stories about wading out in canoes into the ocean, hoping to god the submarine that was meant to turn up to pick them up would arive etc. etc. Incredible stuff, massive respect to the guy.
They were called the Cockleshell Heroes weren't they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.