Ultras

felixbg said:
davymcfc said:
so is there actually something being set up. and if so how far along is it. more info would be nice if possible cheers

ready to be launched after a series of meetings with the club, biding our time though waiting for the right game and permission from rick and other forum gods to allow us to publish on their sites. etc. ... definately watch this space and as said before it's an ultra-mentality group with regards to atmosphere but nothing like ultras with regards to religion, political bllx and all that violance rubbish.

Felix.

If this really is the case, is this tied in anyway to the plan to turn the lower tier of the South Stand into a home end only? Has that been discussed along with this ultra group set up?

Thanks.

I know the sport isn't huge yet here in America but I am glad that from day 1 of the club I support here in America the Seattle Sounders got going, they have had great atmosphere. Most of it is started by the ECS(emerald city supporters). They do a great job with the flags, leading in many songs,etc.

I am actually surprised to be hearing that Man. City have been around so long and haven't had something like this. Granted, I have not been a supporter as long as most of you but this just surprises me.

I really would stay away from the word ultras though if someone comes up with an official name for this supporters group even if you are straight forward in telling the public that you are not about violence or religion.

mcfcmatt said:
WTF is with Aberdeen and Che guvara banners?!
I heard York City have ultras also, someone posted a video of them on here and they honestly looked like right nellys lol

They used to have a t-shirt with Willie Miller's face in a Che Guvara style. Ultras made it into a banner. Could be that you keep seeing.

hibs2.jpg

i wanna see something like the above picture but with blue and white strips around the south stand. with people on the top throwing ticker tape. it will make it a better atmosphere imo. when there is more info on this group pm me if possible. nice one.

warpig said:
dont see the point in trying to artificially manufacture 'atmosphere'. it will come naturally when the team performs week in week out, coms becomes a fortress and we start winning trophies.

in the english game the clubs seem to have forgotten it is their job to get the fans going not the other way around, if the atmosphere is poor the team and the manager should do something about it and throwing a defender on when you are one nil down is rarely the answer.

as for the idea of british ultras I think this is a non starter the ultra culture is a lifestlye and we are probably to conservative for the committment.

also I have a minor problem with the fact that whoever runs the ultra groups will gain too much say in what happens within the ground and what do you if you dont agree with them because they will be making our reputations for us.
I think things that happen within football grounds should have a natural spontanaity about them and if enough people wish to sing a song the whole ground will join in and not just because some jumped up self proclaimed leader thinks its funny.

I have had enough of DAVE WALLACE SPEAKING FOR ME OVER THE YEARS without some idiot controlling the stands ffs

jrb said:
felixbg said:
ready to be launched after a series of meetings with the club, biding our time though waiting for the right game and permission from rick and other forum gods to allow us to publish on their sites. etc. ... definately watch this space and as said before it's an ultra-mentality group with regards to atmosphere but nothing like ultras with regards to religion, political bllx and all that violance rubbish.

Felix.

If this really is the case, is this tied in anyway to the plan to turn the lower tier of the South Stand into a home end only? Has that been discussed along with this ultra group set up?

Thanks.

yes and no, the people that are behind the ''pro-active fan group'' have spoken too and been invited to a meeting about the ''give eastlands it's kippax'' meeting. nothing has been planned though with regards to that though and i dont think the plan is too actually make the south stand a home end only.

whp.blue said:
warpig said:
dont see the point in trying to artificially manufacture 'atmosphere'. it will come naturally when the team performs week in week out, coms becomes a fortress and we start winning trophies.

in the english game the clubs seem to have forgotten it is their job to get the fans going not the other way around, if the atmosphere is poor the team and the manager should do something about it and throwing a defender on when you are one nil down is rarely the answer.

as for the idea of british ultras I think this is a non starter the ultra culture is a lifestlye and we are probably to conservative for the committment.

also I have a minor problem with the fact that whoever runs the ultra groups will gain too much say in what happens within the ground and what do you if you dont agree with them because they will be making our reputations for us.
I think things that happen within football grounds should have a natural spontanaity about them and if enough people wish to sing a song the whole ground will join in and not just because some jumped up self proclaimed leader thinks its funny.

I have had enough of DAVE WALLACE SPEAKING FOR ME OVER THE YEARS without some idiot controlling the stands ffs

I agree completely. The only constant with so called 'Ultra' groups is their desire to be seen as superior to other fans and constant aim to have some sort of a say in goings on at the club. Just because they have bought a big microphone.

If 'Ultras' were a part of English football then the first in the queue would be that nobhead with the wig and the bell at Portsmouth. He is classic 'Ultra' material and a donkey.

You don't see Italians or Germans trying to set up their stadium to emulate European nights at Anfield or a night match at Maine Road. They don't because that is not them and it would be shallow, stage managed and poor. Stinks of a load of kids getting far too excited about fireworks and banners to me. The football and a good English ground atmosphere will do me, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.