Ultras

Petetheblu said:
felixbg said:
something is happening with regards to this, the club has been holding meetings with fans to set up a pro-active supporters group i.e. better atmosphere, banners etc.

Yerr I've heard that Cyberblue (Don) is getting involved and is trying to get a gentlemens half time thing going on the pitch at half time, obvisously!!! :)
Errrrr i dont think so our Gentlemans Events are held behind closed doors for uh ovious reasons . Next one V Burnley .google mcfcgentlemans morning for more info

cyberblue said:
Petetheblu said:
Yerr I've heard that Cyberblue (Don) is getting involved and is trying to get a gentlemens half time thing going on the pitch at half time, obvisously!!! :)
Errrrr i dont think so our Gentlemans Events are held behind closed doors for uh ovious reasons . Next one V Burnley .google mcfcgentlemans morning for more info

Sod that Cyber lets get it on!!! ;)

CITY FOR LIFE said:
If anyone wants to see if it can be created at a British ground, attend a Celtic v Rangers game, better at Celtic then Rangers to be honest. Sit in the main stand as you get a better view of it all from the new stands. Some of the flags etc are the size of a 5 a'side pitch. I managed to go with a mate when I was posted in Scotland, another interesting game with plenty of flags etc is the Aberdeen v Celtic or Rangers games, now there is an "hate" match.
I aggree with one post ref the scarves being given out free at the derby a couple of years ago but it was only created for one game why dosn't everyone bring them back each game?
aberdeen hate rangers nearly as much as celtic do! can imagine what its like.

the way i see it, the club have started it for us with that tevez banner, imagine the south stand holding that up during his debut. its the way football should be, passionate, not being afraid to stand up without day trippers tutting and muttering under their breath. If you want a day out go to Disney land ffs.

Ricster said:
City_Gentleman said:
Inflatables???????!!!! Atmosphere?!

Please. Do everyone a favour and just leave them at home with the kids. Just show your colours...and sing. Please.

Wasn't at Hamburg then?

I was. It was an important game, remember? I think that was the principal reason we had some form of atmosphere. Not because of stupid f. inflatables! Pardon me if I'm wrong. If it was, I seemed to have missed them during those deafening European nights at Anfield, Galatasaray, San Siro etc. Need I go on?

sam221985 said:
would you like to see a City ultras group?

not hooligans or casuals I mean but ultras, flares and flags, campaigning on issues that affect the fans, etc etc...

seems like ultras groups are popping up at British clubs now (Celtic and York City are two that come to mind) and I just wondered if people think it is a positive or negative thing...
Isn't that what Bluemoon, and the fanzines / E-Zines are all baout anyway?

Maybe the Ultras are a bit more organised, but I don't see a big difference

The fervour with which foreign football fans support their teams will never be matched in England for a variety of reasons:

Policing, Stadia, Ticket Pricing, General "Lifestyle" among them

Marvin said:
sam221985 said:
would you like to see a City ultras group?

not hooligans or casuals I mean but ultras, flares and flags, campaigning on issues that affect the fans, etc etc...

seems like ultras groups are popping up at British clubs now (Celtic and York City are two that come to mind) and I just wondered if people think it is a positive or negative thing...
Isn't that what Bluemoon, and the fanzines / E-Zines are all baout anyway?

Maybe the Ultras are a bit more organised, but I don't see a big difference

The fervour with which foreign football fans support their teams will never be matched in England for a variety of reasons:

Policing, Stadia, Ticket Pricing, General "Lifestyle" among them

none of those things vary greatly between Scotland and England...

I'm against it to be honest, due to the fact that some tw*t would have to take it one step to far, safety must always come first....Boring, but thems the rules.

I like these "Dale" songs, made famous by the fans of CC Cavese who play in the Italian 3rd Division. They're generically known now as the Dale Cavese chant even though they're for different teams and not Cavese. Some English teams supporters are starting them up now, Accrington Stanley "Ultras" for one...

This is the original:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Inv49Ghr8&feature=related[/youtube]

This is it after a goal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2wapKj09o&feature=related[/youtube]

And this is the Accrington Stanley "Ultras"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQRo7vTdBUQ&feature=PlayList&p=29718A35AE59D665&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18[/youtube]

Unknown_Genius said:
bluenova said:
What on earth is a gentlemens half time thing?

Lap Dancers at halftime maybe?

like it mate. i would add to your suggestion with the introduction of seat service from the bar, and a guaranteed maximum waiting time of 3 minutes for said service.

failing that, improving the chances of being able to get served and return to your seat without missing some of the second half would be a major improvement!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.