Ultras

city bairn said:
Adopting the name "ultras" is pointless however adopting their attitude would be a great idea.

this is exactly what has been discussed with the club and such a group is well on it's way to being created. It's good to read theres a lot of enthusiasm for such a group as with plenty of people wanting to be involved, willing to support it and up for it it's more likely to succeed :)

city bairn said:
Adopting the name "ultras" is pointless however adopting their attitude would be a great idea.

Ultra's in England and Scotland are pathetic, they just look like knobs.

A group of people who organise songs, and get people bringing abit of colour into the grounds with scarves, flags and banners is spot on and i beleive some people are working their bollocks off to make this happen and when it does it should be supported well.

Immaculate Pasta said:
city bairn said:

A group of people who organise songs, and get people bringing abit of colour into the grounds with scarves, flags and banners is spot on and i beleive some people are working their bollocks off to make this happen and when it does it should be supported well.

I take it you wont be climbing the fences and leading the adebayor song with a megaphone IP?

sam221985 said:
would you like to see a City ultras group?

not hooligans or casuals I mean but ultras, flares and flags, campaigning on issues that affect the fans, etc etc...

seems like ultras groups are popping up at British clubs now (Celtic and York City are two that come to mind) and I just wondered if people think it is a positive or negative thing...

campaigning on issues that affect the fans,
I wouldn't trust the people that make the decisions on what to campaign on,it's got agenda written all over it.
Sorry! but that's my opinion.

Immaculate Pasta said:
city bairn said:

So Ultras are pathetic and look like knobs but people who do all the things Ultras are spot on and should be supported? Where's the distinction here?!....

sam221985 said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

So Ultras are pathetic and look like knobs but people who do all the things Ultras are spot on and should be supported? Where's the distinction here?!....
people normally associate ultras with hooligans which is probaby right in argentina. if a large organisation like this was set up im sure some wannabe hoolies would tag along. i think the idea to have a group that organises large scale events like huge flags and banners and comes up with songs that has definite words should be encourages and is the way forward.

sam221985 said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

on reason is that ultra groups are often politically or religiusly focused (aberdeen for example look like utter prats with their che guvara banners). the group being set up is one that is keen to distance itself from all politics or religion.

so is there actually something being set up. and if so how far along is it. more info would be nice if possible cheers

WTF is with Aberdeen and Che guvara banners?!
I heard York City have ultras also, someone posted a video of them on here and they honestly looked like right nellys lol

felixbg said:
sam221985 said:

on reason is that ultra groups are often politically or religiusly focused (aberdeen for example look like utter prats with their che guvara banners). the group being set up is one that is keen to distance itself from all politics or religion.

fair enough - I think it's important to keep that shite away from City. I'v cringed in the past when people have started topics like 'is City a Protestant/Catholic/Left-Wing/Right-wing club?' We should be proud to be all about football and not have any kind of affiliation like that..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.