Umberto from Piccadilly Radio RIP (page 8)

BUMP was enjoying watching this some great memories..

Some of Paul Lakes testimonial near the end Maine Road with umberto sweeney stannage all taking pens..
crowd chants at stannage is a wanker and does umberto take it up the arse very funny good old days..

Last edited:
Umbertto I remember listening to him in about 1987 when I was 14. I had taken my first acid trip and he was reassuringly comforting whenever the blood came down my curtains across the bedroom floor and up my bed until I had to dive out of bed and switch the light on to stop it getting me. It was Xmas and I ate around a dozen tangerines as I had been told vitamin C made the hallucinations stop. I nearly rang him in my purple ohm delusions.

I'd forgotten about Jo Blakeway - worst match announcer City ever had!
Her halftime scores were ''Sheffield Wednesday v Chelsea is 1-0 and Everton v Spurs 2-0''
I'd be shouting ''1-0 to who?''
One night game her notes came off her clip board and blew all over the pitch as she chased after them!

Fuck knows how much it cost the station to send her up in a plane every morning to tell us what we already knew that Barton Bridge was at a stand still, as was Chapel Street in Salford....

I recall Becky Want changed her name to the more exotic sounding Becky De Vant, in order to further her media profile. It lasted about two days if I remember rightly.

Somehow the voice doesn`t fit my image of him.First time I`ve ever seen a photo of him.
Same here. I always imagined he looked like an extra from the Blue Oyster Club. How wrong I was.
Ry0OpH.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.