Umberto from Piccadilly Radio RIP (page 8)

BUMP was enjoying watching this some great memories..

Some of Paul Lakes testimonial near the end Maine Road with umberto sweeney stannage all taking pens..
crowd chants at stannage is a wanker and does umberto take it up the arse very funny good old days..

Haha the bloke at 27.40 struggling with the headphones is the brilliant Brian Clark who use to cover all our games and media stories for Piccadilly back in the day.

Football allegiances of Piccadilly/Key103 presenters as far as I recall but my memory ain't what it was:

City
Dave Ward, James H, Phil Wood (not too bothered about football), Andy Peebles, Pete Baker, Steve Penk

United
Mike Sweeney, the late Tim Grundy, Roger Day, Timmy Mallett

'Boro
James Stannage (preferred City to United)

Wolves
Noddy Holder

Carlisle
Tom Tyrell

Not sure about

Pete Reeves
Brian Clark (I know he covered City)
Mike Shaft (seemed to prefer basketball)
Tony Emmerson
Becky Want
Paul Lockett
Paul Carrington
Brendan Kearney
the late Mike Ahern
Susie Mathis
Umberto

Any comments?

Tyrell did a bloody good job of pretending to be a follower of the scum then.

I've still got some audio of Charlton '85 and the '89 massacre of the rags somewhere. The Huddersfield 10-1 possibly too.

Wasn't Timmy Mallett a fan of Oxford or someone like that?

Still got my Piccadilly football annuals!

13890.jpg

Hated this when hoping for City to score only to hear Oldham have scored at Wrexham
or OH NO City are 1-0 down

I remember one Derby Day at Maine Road (before I was old enough to go) and the 'it's a goal' jingle blasted out. The presenter said there has at last been a goal in the Derby, then said we'll tell you after the advert break!!!!

3 minutes of pacing round the bedroom and finally found out McKenzie had scored and were 1-0 up... Fuckin amateurs!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.