Umberto from Piccadilly Radio RIP (page 8)

Dialling 261 and listening to the radio on the phone. What the fuck was that all about?

Tremendous Knowledge Dave was always on during Bank Holidays.

Phil Wood always played some weird tap-dancing shite on a Sunday.

johnny on the spot said:
Wow, I'd forgotten about Umberto doing the show before Stannage. That was just before the Guinness fridge was plugged in under Stannage's desk and it all went completely tits up with the Salford/Ken Bigley on-air shit. Had a pint with James earlier in the week - he's in good form still.

Does anyone remember Dennis and Mosche, the alternative therapists? And Stella the medium?

i do, thought they were well sound. to be fair i thought the station was.

full of nutters :)
met umberto at a charity do, was a chunky fuck and camp as owt. nice fella.

de niro said:
johnny on the spot said:
Wow, I'd forgotten about Umberto doing the show before Stannage. That was just before the Guinness fridge was plugged in under Stannage's desk and it all went completely tits up with the Salford/Ken Bigley on-air shit. Had a pint with James earlier in the week - he's in good form still.

Does anyone remember Dennis and Mosche, the alternative therapists? And Stella the medium?

i do, thought they were well sound. to be fair i thought the station was.

full of nutters :)
met umberto at a charity do, was a chunky fuck and camp as owt. nice fella.

does anyone remember colin cream - the Cheadle Hulme gossip queen??

worsleyweb said:
tremendous knowledge dave used to win the quiz at st caths Didsbury every week - on his own!

I am sure he won £250k on who wants to be a millionaire.

He did and is also an egghead on bbc tv drinks in the vic in withington

johnnytapia said:
Dialling 261 and listening to the radio on the phone. What the fuck was that all about?

The tap dancing was "Lullaby of Broadway" and was on Kiddy Fiddling Ray Teret's show mate.

"Ooh Umberto, me dogs died and those pills for me lumbago aren't working"

Was about the measure of his show as I remember

Deepest Blue said:
johnnytapia said:

The tap dancing was "Lullaby of Broadway" and was on Kiddy Fiddling Ray Teret's show mate.

You are right!

I remember being at West Ham away the day we got relegated in '87 and getting absolutely fucking lost outside the ground, couldn't find the car and lads I'd come with. A beautiful "261" purple sticker saved the day - knocked on the window and in I got. Happily it wasn't Ray Teret driving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.