Unacceptable song

Pigeonho said:
M18CTID said:
Pigeonho said:
Paedo songs aren't good at all in my opinion. It's too much of a disgusting act/topic to make a song about, again in my opinion.
All for factual-banter like songs with opposition players, like when Southall was tormented with songs about his wife's alleged escapades with other blokes. Players expect that, I would imagine, but saying someone is a paedo when there is literally no link to it is a bit dim more than anything. What is the link? Because they're old?

Because they're employed by United is far more likely I'd guess.

It's not in good taste at all but it's not particularly unique to City fans. Spurs and United fans in particular have been tormenting Wenger en masse for years with paedophile chants. Doesn't make it right of course but I'd much sooner hear that than songs about Munich. You're never going to get a full repertoire of politically correct football songs at a match. Everyone will have different opinions regarding what should be off limits and what shouldn't.
Don't want PC songs, that would be boring as fuck. The paedo thing though, for me, goes over that the thin line of what is acceptable compared to out and out piss taking of the opposition, which i'm all for like most others are.

not bein funny pige but you don't go.......so why are you even arsed? lol

nice neil said:
It's a light hearted football song for fucks sake ! It's not a major political or profound statement. No one actually thinks they are paedophiles. Just like no one really thinks rooney's baby is really adebayor's, or Ryan giggs has aids and can't get rid of it. I wish the pc police would concentrate on their own lives and stop trying to tell people what they're allowed to like or find amusing. I heard a woman on the radio a few years ago, who went to watch Jim Davidson live. She was complaining cos he told a joke about cancer. "you can't tell jokes about cancer! I've got cancer ! But feel free to tell Irish, black and Pakistani jokes" was the gist of her reasoning. Pathetic. Get a grip. There, I've said it.

Reminds me of when I got back on our supporters club coach after dicking United 6-1 at Old Trafford. As we were waiting to set off, I got a joke text through about United being raped. Can't remember the exact context to it, suffice to say that everyone around me that heard it found it funny except one woman who protested: "That's terrible. Rape isn't funny. You men shouldn't be telling jokes about rape!" or words to that effect. The fact the joke was clearly taking the piss about United getting thrashed by City, and not rape victims (funny, I didn't realise all rape victims were female) seemed to go straight over her head. I wouldn't mind but the person that sent the text was female - it was the other half, and she's a red as well!

mancityvstoke said:
Pigeonho said:
M18CTID said:

It's not in good taste at all but it's not particularly unique to City fans. Spurs and United fans in particular have been tormenting Wenger en masse for years with paedophile chants. Doesn't make it right of course but I'd much sooner hear that than songs about Munich. You're never going to get a full repertoire of politically correct football songs at a match. Everyone will have different opinions regarding what should be off limits and what shouldn't.
Don't want PC songs, that would be boring as fuck. The paedo thing though, for me, goes over that the thin line of what is acceptable compared to out and out piss taking of the opposition, which i'm all for like most others are.

Oh right, so people who can't go aren't allowed an opinion? What about people who used to go? Is it ok if they have an opinion?

Pigeonho said:
mancityvstoke said:
Pigeonho said:

Oh right, so people who can't go aren't allowed an opinion? What about people who used to go? Is it ok if they have an opinion?

calm down ffs..............just sayin mate lol

You don't go so don't have to listen...that was my point so put yer fuckin handbag away NOW!!!!

lol

I'm doin that scouse calm down arm waving shit as I type

ALTOGETHER now...... With his packet of sweets and his cheeky smile

Coppell............................ahhh better not.

Pigeonho said:
M18CTID said:
Pigeonho said:
Paedo songs aren't good at all in my opinion. It's too much of a disgusting act/topic to make a song about, again in my opinion.
All for factual-banter like songs with opposition players, like when Southall was tormented with songs about his wife's alleged escapades with other blokes. Players expect that, I would imagine, but saying someone is a paedo when there is literally no link to it is a bit dim more than anything. What is the link? Because they're old?

I know you don't want PC songs mate but your response kind of alludes to what I was saying about people having differing boundaries as to what should or shouldn't be sung at matches.

Not PC related but in Munich last week after the match I ended up in the Café Schiller in the early hours and the new Zabaleta song was getting a good airing. You wouldn't expect a single blue to take exception to that but one bloke did, moaning that there were too many new songs about and we should only sing the old ones. His mate sat next to him said to me "Ignore him mate - he's always fucking moaning!"

Pigeonho said:
mancityvstoke said:
Pigeonho said:

You're allowed to have an opinion up to and including six months from your last game, no ifs, no buts, as far as I'm concerned.

There have to be some "hard but fair" ground rules.

mancityvstoke said:
Pigeonho said:
mancityvstoke said:

You don't go so don't have to listen...that was my point so put yer fuckin handbag away NOW!!!!

lol

Ok hard man.

Pigeonho said:
mancityvstoke said:
Pigeonho said:

lol

Ok hard man.

lol fuck off

mancityvstoke said:
Pigeonho said:
mancityvstoke said:

lol

Ok hard man.

lol fuck off
Lots of lols today mate. You must be a very jolly hard man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.