Unbelievable!

I grew up near Falmouth, Cornwall, about 60 miles from Plymouth, the nearest league club (born 1962), and started supporting City in early 1970, before the League Cup and ECWC triumphs that year, due to the old football cards, which seemed to have loads and loads of Frannys in them. My mate said, "He must be a good player, there are lots of him".

I knew kids who supported West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and of course, scum, as well as others I can't be bothered listing

There were two other City fans at comprehensive, as I recall.

In the days before live football every week and when the playing field was more even, scum, Arse, red dippers and the chavs didn't dominate the footballing affections of kids.

It's funny - I started off reading this thread enjoying the holiday stories and then getting into the debate about what makes you a 'proper blue' that has been debated on here before. I've always accepted too easily what it meant to be blue, being born where I was, and generally accepting I'd never see us win anything again, it was a choice - I could have choosen differently - but I didnt and I know I'd still be, even without the Sheik ( a thousand blessings be upon him). Through tough times for the club and myself (moneywise). I dont go away for a lot of reasons and I admire the commitment of those who do.
So it's ok for the guy for the guy from Wales or anywhere else to consider themselves to be a blue - I think it just runs deeper and maybe deeper again, for some 'blues'.

By the way - best comment, was the re - Norwich derby - cant wait for that!

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
It's funny - I started off reading this thread enjoying the holiday stories and then getting into the debate about what makes you a 'proper blue' that has been debated on here before. I've always accepted too easily what it meant to be blue, being born where I was, and generally accepting I'd never see us win anything again, it was a choice - I could have choosen differently - but I didnt and I know I'd still be, even without the Sheik ( a thousand blessings be upon him). Through tough times for the club and myself (moneywise). I dont go away for a lot of reasons and I admire the commitment of those who do.
So it's ok for the guy for the guy from Wales or anywhere else to consider themselves to be a blue - I think it just runs deeper and maybe deeper again, for some 'blues'.

what do you mean when you say 'you could have chosen differently'?

i bumped into an old client the other day,knowing he was a stoke fan, i started to talk about the fa cup final. within a minute he had completly changed the topic on to the chumps leaguefinal and was talking all about the rags. what tossers

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blue dallas said:
i would rather spend a week in the Helman province than go Majorca.

Yeah course mate,will just get my 2 yr old kitted up for an assault on the taliban! Jeez!

I think you will find that Blue Dallas likes to get a reaction!

What is commonly known as a Wummer!

clowns pockets said:
GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:

what do you mean when you say 'you could have chosen differently'?

I meant I could have followed mates who'd chosen to be reds - It's just that I dont even remember even considering it. We hadnt won anything for a bit when it started and my old man didnt take me.

Just to throw my experience in. As you can properly tell from the screen name, I grew up, live & work in South Wales, very close to Cardiff.

I was walking to the train station from work on Thursday afternoon, wearing a City jacket with "First Advice" on the back as sponsors, when I heard a bunch of kids shouting "Glory Hunter" at me. I turned around, expecting to see Cardiff City shirts, but NO, three of the 5 of them were proudly wearing Manure tops!!

You just couldn't make it up!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.