Unbelievable!

bluesouthwales said:
Just to throw my experience in. As you can properly tell from the screen name, I grew up, live & work in South Wales, very close to Cardiff.

I was walking to the train station from work on Thursday afternoon, wearing a City jacket with "First Advice" on the back as sponsors, when I heard a bunch of kids shouting "Glory Hunter" at me. I turned around, expecting to see Cardiff City shirts, but NO, three of the 5 of them were proudly wearing Manure tops!!

You just couldn't make it up!!!!

The words "pot, kettle and black" come to mind.

McnabsMustache83 said:
City fans have a different mind set than the rags, wether they come from belfast, Doncaster any where,
so may it continue, we will never be like them as long as ive got a hole 2 holes in my nose,
you can smell the horrible twats within 5 minutes, different breed of people.
we will have the same tourist/daytrippers that they have with the cameras and foam hands once we win the PL,its started already ffs.
different breed?
so none of your mates are 'rags'?

Dubai Blue said:
blue_taff said:
so you can only be a 'real' fan if you can actually go to the stadium and support given team. thats absolute bollocks in my opinion, and if you get to go once in your whole life then why not, that might be one of the best experiences of given persons life.

as a relative outsider i find some attitudes in this thread quite bewildering, and again maybe you just dont have a clue about the fact that most towns don't have top level sporting team, football or otherwise.

i would consider myself to be a cardiff blues fan / supporter, even though im from cardiff, ive never watched a live game. so what, i still want them to win over whoever their playing. in fact i don't buy any merchandise or directly contribute to the club in any way, but they are still my club
Is this a piss take? You ask a question in the first sentence and then answer it yourself in the final paragraph. You're quite clearly not a 'real' fan/supporter; you're just someone who has a passing interest in a certain team, much like how the majority of Brits only follow tennis when Wimbledon's on.

no not a piss take at all. i watch the blues on telly but there is a good chance i will never be able to go to a game, when im in cardiff i have other priorities. i have however watched cardiff rfc at the arms park back in the day many a time, and in fact played for them at youth level. im certain im a blues supporter, don't care what anyone thinks, their my team whether i go to the stadium or not

blue_taff said:
Dubai Blue said:
blue_taff said:
so you can only be a 'real' fan if you can actually go to the stadium and support given team. thats absolute bollocks in my opinion, and if you get to go once in your whole life then why not, that might be one of the best experiences of given persons life.

as a relative outsider i find some attitudes in this thread quite bewildering, and again maybe you just dont have a clue about the fact that most towns don't have top level sporting team, football or otherwise.

i would consider myself to be a cardiff blues fan / supporter, even though im from cardiff, ive never watched a live game. so what, i still want them to win over whoever their playing. in fact i don't buy any merchandise or directly contribute to the club in any way, but they are still my club
Is this a piss take? You ask a question in the first sentence and then answer it yourself in the final paragraph. You're quite clearly not a 'real' fan/supporter; you're just someone who has a passing interest in a certain team, much like how the majority of Brits only follow tennis when Wimbledon's on.

no not a piss take at all. i watch the blues on telly but there is a good chance i will never be able to go to a game, when im in cardiff i have other priorities. i have however watched cardiff rfc at the arms park back in the day many a time, and in fact played for them at youth level. im certain im a blues supporter, don't care what anyone thinks, their my team whether i go to the stadium or not

Why will you never be able to go to a game?
I live in Canada and go to games whenever I can. You'r only round the corner mate.

I think your level of passion is definitely measured on how much you put into following your club. How can you be a "real" fan if you havn't bin to a game?? You can't appreciate the match day expierience like someone who goes home and away?? Surely you can't get the same buzz watching on a screen in your local or armchair as you do being there. I pity the plastic rags to be honest the ones from all over and even the ones here, they will never know the joys of following your team around the country, getting pissed up and just generally having a fucking mint time!! Surely if you feel passion for the cause then you are willing to put your time and money into it and be there when it all happens!! I`ve had some of the best days of my life following City and im sure especially now there will be many more. I don't entertain plastic rags or plastics of any club, i just can't be arsed with the bullshit if you love your club your there as much as possible, simple!!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Evening all-Just got back from a week in Majorca...people from South London,Swansea,Birmingham all with Man united tats etc. Got speaking to a bloke from Newcastle,a Newcastle season ticket holder.We were just chewing the fact over a beer about general football (he mentioned when city trashed a boozer not so long ago in Newcastle) and having a good laugh when the South wales rags came over and started having a pop. NO-seriously in front of my 2 yr old daughter and numerous other children. I just laughed at the cock and asked him one question. "Why don't you support Swansea or Cardiff?" His response-"Because Man u win things!"...I was fucking gob smacked,as was the geordie lad however we just stood up and walked off. Never knew the extent of the glory hunters etc but now I do..Only made my hatred of them increase ten fold!

Anyway-can't be arsed catching up on all the gossip but who we signing and when?!!!!

sounds like a really quality resort you were at..................

Just got back from Benidorm. Saw my mate (red) talking to another red (shit tattoo on his arm) in this beach bar so i thought i would go over for the banter etc. Anyway, as a approached i just heard this cockney screeching twang come out of this fukkers mouth, so i just laughed my cock off in his face and walked away. My mate knew exactly what i was doing and ended the conflab there and then coz he knew they would both be shot down in flames.
Got to say though, over the 5 days we were there i definitely saw more blue shirts than red which is a first for me wherever ive been. City are going global i tell ya!

Went on holiday years back with 3 rag mates (tbh they are decent supporters of the shite home and away) and gets in a taxi.

Taxi driver asks 'where you from?'
'Near Manchester' expecting the old ahhhh Manchester United but no
'ahhhh Manchester City, Goater, Dickov, Rosler...' I was stunned then the taxi driver reveals a tattoo of our old badge and starts with a verse of Feed the Goat. Laughed my fucking head off. Made everyone cough up a decent tip

clowns pockets said:
McnabsMustache83 said:
City fans have a different mind set than the rags, wether they come from belfast, Doncaster any where,
so may it continue, we will never be like them as long as ive got a hole 2 holes in my nose,
you can smell the horrible twats within 5 minutes, different breed of people.
we will have the same tourist/daytrippers that they have with the cameras and foam hands once we win the PL,its started already ffs.
different breed?
so none of your mates are 'rags'?

odd aquaintance but not mates:
They have a different mind set than City fans C.P, It is common Knowledge, they are different to city fans, The City Fans i have spoken to on away days from around the places etc are not arrogant twats as of the other mob, well let me see,
best thing to do is have a forum question and answers and ask, DO YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO END UP LIKE RAGS,
I think i know the response,
we may have the odd glory hunter jumping back onbourd the blue ship and may be the odd corporate day tripper but i dont think its gonna be as bad as a couple on here are making out.
oh and those foam hands are great:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.